settings

by missbunny69

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Living, Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Game Options -> Pack Settings -> Sims begin Opted Out of Fame
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t toggle fame off. It resets automatically on after I hit "Apply Changes".
What do you expect to see? I want my sims to start off opted-out of fame
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not for this. It's happening with a brand-new Sims 4 folder generated when I took out my old one (I always take out my whole Sims 4 folder from User>Documents>Electronic Arts when installing new packs). Just to check, I tried it with my old saves as well, both with and without my mods folder (mods and custom content). Happens under all circumstances.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.68.156.1020

I'm having the exact same problem. The only difference is that I just bought and installed Get Famous today (11/20), three days after I installed and was playing with the latest patch from 11.17.20.

Message 21 of 54 (1,846 Views)

settings

★★ Novice

since the update my settings option game pack get famous "opted out of fame" doesn't work anymore

Message 22 of 54 (1,261 Views)

Re: settings

Champion (Retired)

@missbunny69 

In what way does it not work?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 23 of 54 (1,255 Views)

Can't Disable Fame Function

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

After installing the Snowy Escape expansion I can no longer turn off the fame function in the game settings. If I check the box, it automatically becomes unchecked when I attempt to save the setting. Same goes for if I check it and just try to X out of the settings. I have no mods installed, I have all of the expansion and packs except for Journey to Batuu

Message 24 of 54 (1,718 Views)

Re: Can't Disable Fame Function

Hero
@silver_doe94 I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 54 (1,699 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] Cant toggle off fame

★★★★★ Apprentice

me too

Message 26 of 54 (1,687 Views)

game settings "get famous"

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? in settings
What happens when the bug occurs? when i got to game pack in settings the "opted out of fame" setting doesn't save
What do you expect to see? i cant play with all the sims being famous it is very annoying. it worked before the update
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 27 of 54 (1,563 Views)

Re: game settings "get famous"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem after the patch. It ruïns the storyline i was playing. I didn't do the patch update until yesterday.  I had no problems before the update. After updating yesterday the problem with checking  the box for start without fame was there. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Message 28 of 54 (1,432 Views)

★★ Guide

I bought Get Famous after the patch, and since I can't get my money back, I went into every single household, in every single world, and individually selected for them to "Quit The Spotlight".

It took about half an hour, and I'll have to go back around when some of the babies/toddlers age up to children. I also have no idea if townies will still be able to gain fame, so I used MCCC to make fame gain super slow. If figure if I ever want fame for a career, I can set it back to normal.

But since I wanted to use the pack I, you know, paid for, lol, I'm trying that in the meantime. Just putting this up as a possible workaround.

It just sucks the patch broke something something so core to Get Famous, with no idea when it'll be fixed.

@Zilverwolf2 Someone else said that if it's an old save where you already had everyone opted-out, they should still be opted out. It's just new saves that are opted in automatically. So maybe check your sims to see if they're still opted-out?

Message 29 of 54 (1,384 Views)

★★★ Novice

@DellaLuna48 Can you tell me which MCCC setting you used? I can't find one for it. Thanks!

Message 30 of 54 (1,919 Views)