Re: self minimizing

by fierby

Original Post

self minimizing

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle Seasons island Living Vampires Holiday Celebration Pack Laundry Day Stuff StrangerVille Cats & Dogs 4 Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? opening game
What happens when the bug occurs? game will not open, flashes intro screen then minimizes self, when trying to reopen game flashes a few frames, shows a screenshot of an unopen unconnected app then closes
What do you expect to see? game should stay open
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. downloaded latest update as well as cottage pack

is there a way i could have messed up download order of the update and expansion?

Message 1 of 5 (236 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fierby 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game
If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i cleared all caches and removed all mods before posting, repair on origin also doesnt fix it

Message 3 of 5 (207 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fierby 

Did you also delete localthumbcache.package ?

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (197 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes that has already been deleted, dx attached

Message 5 of 5 (189 Views)