sda

by Papagon2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

sda

★★ Novice

Hello, my game wont finish it's update (The sims 4). It says update to play. I hit update and it says "Everything is ready" and than it still says update to play. And the same thing happens again and again.

I have tried to delete ceche files, deleted Origin folder (had to reinstall origin for this), Tried to repare the game.
I even moved the game from one disk to another but still no good. Yes I have restarted my PC in this process.

But nothing seems to help.

Screenshot_1.png

Message 1 of 7 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: sda

Champion (Retired)

@Papagon2 

Please clear Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (262 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Papagon2 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (309 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, Well i have Avast AntiVirus and I have made an exeptional for thies 3:

Origin.exe

Sims4.exe

Sims4LE.exe 

(seen in the picture)

Still it does not work. I allso had Avast on my old PC and did not do anything of this. On that PC everything worked fine.

This PC is newer and "Suppost" to be better.

GPU: RTX 3090

CPU: Intel i7-10700k

RAM: 32GB

DirectX 12.

Might it be something ells?

Screenshot_2.png

Message 3 of 7 (298 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Papagon2 

Why have you added exceptions for files that do not exist? 

Add exceptions for these. ts4.exe and ts4_x64.exe.

Message 4 of 7 (293 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry, for not write it correct. But if you sea the picture. you could see the exeptions for the correct files. =)

Now please help with a solution.

What should I try next?

Message 5 of 7 (275 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Papagon2 

Please clear Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 6 of 7 (263 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to clear.

This made it work, Thanks!.

But I do think in this order would be the certan way.

1. Fix Antivirus 

2. restart

3. Clear Cache

4. restart

5. Play.

Thanks again for the help!

Message 7 of 7 (255 Views)