by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

scrolling out

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Custom Content
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? scroll out of a house
What happens when the bug occurs? When i scroll out of my current home i'm using, everything goes black and theres just outlines of some furniture.
What do you expect to see? my house with all its normal colours and textures.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

its really annoying a frustrating, and i don't want to turn off my mods because i literally cannot use sims without them.

Message 1 of 5 (438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: scrolling out

Hero

Hi @Len282 

yes, they will. Which is why you should test on a backup of your save until you find the mod/cc that's causing the issue.

So basically, create a copy of your save by either backing up the files in document or use the save as option and choose a new name in game. Then remove your mods and test on the backup of your save. If it works, you can start looking for the mod/cc that causes the issue.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Once you found the culprit, you can put everything else back and go back to your original save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (407 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Len282 

I moved your post to the tech forum for troubleshooting.

Please create a copy of your save (save as) and test without mods on that copy to see if you have the same issue.

Mods/CC can be outdated with patches and you might just need to update a mod you're using.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (426 Views)

★ Novice
If i remove mods will all my sims that are wearing/using the cc loose what they are wearing/using (e.g furniture)
Message 3 of 5 (415 Views)

Hero

Hi @Len282 

yes, they will. Which is why you should test on a backup of your save until you find the mod/cc that's causing the issue.

So basically, create a copy of your save by either backing up the files in document or use the save as option and choose a new name in game. Then remove your mods and test on the backup of your save. If it works, you can start looking for the mod/cc that causes the issue.

Use the 50/50 method: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content

Once you found the culprit, you can put everything else back and go back to your original save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (408 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you!!
Message 5 of 5 (386 Views)