Re: script error on launcher start up

by XRaiderV17

Original Post

script error on launcher start up

★★ Apprentice

so..this is the error I'm being presented with, absolutely no idea how to fix it.

see screenshot.

Message 1 of 8 (649 Views)

@XRaiderV17  I see that too right now; it seems like quite a few people do.  But I just clicked No in the pop-up, and then my game launched normally.  I didn't find any evidence that this was an actual problem.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (639 Views)

★★ Apprentice

update...the error is still presenting even after conducting a clean reinstall of the game.

Message 3 of 8 (631 Views)

★★ Apprentice

so, nothing I can fix then @puzzlezaddict ? figure its server side?

Message 4 of 8 (630 Views)

@XRaiderV17  It almost certainly has to be something on EA's end, since it started affecting a number of systems at once.  But again, just click No in the error message and go on  playing.  The pop-up might be annoying, but it's harmless.

I'll definitely ask about this when I get a chance; it's just that a fix from EA might take a bit of time.  In the interim, there's not much you can do besides ignore it.

Message 5 of 8 (615 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Someone on steam suggested using TS3w. EXE from the game folder, bypass the launcher outright. It worked. Only really need the launcher for when installing downloaded content the first place.

Given this is the exact same scenario for when I want to launch Star trek online and not bother with The Arc launcher... Kind of embarrassed that I did not think of it.

Message 6 of 8 (604 Views)

★★ Apprentice

script error still presenting.

Message 7 of 8 (547 Views)

@XRaiderV17  Again, the error is there but not a real problem.  EA will fix it sooner or later, but in the interim, just ignore it.

I didn't suggest bypassing the launcher before because I didn't know what kind of install you had—Origin installs don't allow this.  However, it's a good workaround for Steam (or disc) installs if the error is annoying enough.

Message 8 of 8 (541 Views)