scaling of the sims 4 game

by NewtTheNiffler

Original Post

Re: scaling of the sims 4 game

@NewtTheNiffler  Do you still need help?  If so, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 17 (1,152 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't run Dxdiag, should i send a screen shot of what the message is that pops up every time?

Message 12 of 17 (1,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

This is the message, and even when i click, turn off auto-scale it will return to what it was originally when i start the game again, the next time i play.

Message 13 of 17 (1,119 Views)

@NewtTheNiffler  Please go into Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and delete the file called options.ini.  (You might not see the .ini part if you have the system set to hide file extensions, but it's the same file either way.)  You'll need to redo all your in-game settings, but this should reset the UI scaling that's causing the error as well.

Message 14 of 17 (1,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did this but when i closed the game and opened it again, the same message popped up again.

I'm very sorry if i seem like im making this hard on purpose, im not it's just that nothing seems to be working  

Message 15 of 17 (1,061 Views)

@NewtTheNiffler  In that case, I would really like to see a dxdiag on your computer; you can attach it to a post.  Please also take a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings and attach that as well.

Message 16 of 17 (1,041 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's sorted now. I have no idea what the problem was, just one day it started working again. Thank you so much for everyone who tried to help me, I'm sorry I wasn't much help but I appreciate your efforts!

Thanks

Message 17 of 17 (1,011 Views)