Re: saving issue

by kreatora

Original Post

saving issue

★★★ Newbie

When I want to save a game, it's written that the game is a currently in a state where saving isn't possible.

I don't know what to do.

Message 1 of 8 (1,701 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@mikash45

Does it say what state or just a state?

Sometimes a sim is aging up or someone is going to travel right then. Waiting does not help you? Maybe if you reset all the sims on the lot? Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (1,677 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and it says that a sim is aging up but there is no sim trying to age up. I made a lot of progress in this save and I'd hate to lose it... I reset my sim and it still didn't work.

Message 3 of 8 (1,643 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@HilloLeanard

Hi!
Yes, this is a bug it seems like, you can read more about it here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-save-move-because-game-thinks-a-Sim-is-aging-up/td-...

I don't think anyone has a good solution. I have not read all of it. Someone fixed it with MCCC so if you're a mod-user and have that I guess you can try. I'd try manually aging up everyone of my sims and any other sims on the lot.. If it works you can age them down with cas.fulleditmode later :/

Message 4 of 8 (1,636 Views)

★★ Novice

never mind, a welcome wagon showed up and when they left, it was resolved lmao

Message 5 of 8 (1,626 Views)

★★ Novice

i think it was because my sim attended a bday party that was cut short and it glitched

Message 6 of 8 (1,622 Views)

★ Novice

Me too!

My dog was dying so the adoption agent came to take them away then she just left, after that my dog ran away and now it has returned I can't interact with it or feed it, ever scince the adoption agent came it said a sim  in my household is dying and I cannot save the game.

Message 7 of 8 (1,118 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@UnicornSpoon4

It is another kind of bug, although, it looks similar
Go to the first post in this topic and click ME TOO
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Pet-adoption-person-won-t-leave-adoption-selling-negle...
You can check what other people have done, sometimes there can be workarounds, but usually, when you have an issue like this you need to quit your game without saving.

I don't work for EA
Message 8 of 8 (1,114 Views)