savegame location

by Tellachaerion

Original Post

savegame location

★★★ Newbie

Hello

I want to declutter my documents folder. Some games, like the sims 4, like to make a map to store their save-games in.

I just want all my save games are stored in a map I called gaming? Is it possible to make the sims 4 save my games in that map?

So instead of C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\De Sims 4 I would like to save everything in C:\Users\Username\Documents\gaming\Electronic Arts\De Sims 4. 

Every time I played the game it makes that folder. Because I can't stand the cluttering, I move it to my gaming map. When I start again I get annoyed that I start a new again. When I go back to my documents I see the folder is back. This irritates me. I move the map again. And the cycle begins anew.

I just want to play the game and keep my documents folder decluttered.

Could someone please help me?

Kind regards

Tellach

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: savegame location

Champion (Retired)

@Tellachaerion 

You could create a symbolic link that points from Documents to your new gaming folder but now you have created more clutter a folder and a file instead of just the original folder. And I take it you don't want to install other games that would also create a folder in Documents. I suggest that you learn to live with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (179 Views)