Re: save files not loading

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

save files not loading

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to install MCCC yesterday, and the first time I tried to load the game, it worked with no problem except the mod didn't load. However, the second time that I tried to open my sims game, the "load game" button was gone and I could not find my current family. I looked in the save folder and all of my save files were there, and I tried changing which save file would load, but it still didn't work. I have also tried to make a backup of my save files, start a new world, and replace the new world's save files with the old ones. Nothing has worked. I don't think it's a problem with the actual saving, because when I made a new world, that one saved and loaded again after closing the sims just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 3 (464 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Apologies for the delay of response; I looked into OneDrive and it appears as though this is a PC application and I have a Mac. I could definitely be wrong, though. Also, I tried to check the link, but it told me the page no longer existed.

Update: I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I tried to reload the Sims again and my game appeared! Thank you for the advice Standard smile

(Posts merged by CM)

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (419 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

It seems that the game decided to use a new user folder (usually on Onedrive).

Here is an easy way to find out which folder your game is using: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/07/how-to-find-your-user-folder

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Apologies for the delay of response; I looked into OneDrive and it appears as though this is a PC application and I have a Mac. I could definitely be wrong, though. Also, I tried to check the link, but it told me the page no longer existed.

Update: I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I tried to reload the Sims again and my game appeared! Thank you for the advice Standard smile

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 3 (420 Views)