Re: save files keep corrupting?

by Psychotps

Original Post

save files keep corrupting?

★★ Novice

About a week ago my game kept crashing every time i tried to save or travel. I did all the troubleshooting and it came down to that my current save file was corrupted, because any other save worked fine. Fast forward to today and its happening again, I tried removing all my CC and mods but its still crashing and, again, the other save files work fine.

So my question is; is there a way to prevent save files from corrupting, because it seems that every time I get multiple hours of playtime in a save file it just corrupts which is incredibly annoying Frown

Message 1 of 3 (1,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey there!

I believe you tried to repair the game, if not try to do that.
Also - can you try to save the game in a different way? I mean, instead of just "Save" the file, try to do "Save As" with a new name by adding another letter or number. It will make a new copy of the game. Then, delete the old save and try to continue with the new-old one that we saved as. 

You may delete your saves from: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves. 

Message 2 of 3 (1,559 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@disneyniam   I suppose a bad CC or mod may be corrupting your saves. If you make the save with the mod installed, by the time you remove the CC/mod, the save is already corrupted and removing the mods won't fix it.

If you remove ALL your mods, load a good save and save-as, does the new save get corrupted?

You can try removing all your mods, deleting the cache files, and see if you can load a "bad" save. If you can, immediately save-as under a different name.

If it doesn't work, you'll just have to remove all your mods, copy back just a couple of mods and load a good save and save-as a new game. If that one works, delete the new save and exit, load a few more mods and keep doing that until the save corrupts. That'll tell you which mod is causing it.

Message 3 of 3 (1,522 Views)