s the sims 4 and expansion packs discs compatible with a UK PC DVD drive?

by TheLondonLlama

Original Post

Accepted Solution

s the sims 4 and expansion packs discs compatible with a UK PC DVD drive?

★★ Novice

I am planning on buying the Sims 4 standard game with an expansion pack. But as I am from the UK, I was just wondering will the order come from the USA? and if it did, will it still be compatible with the UK DVD drive? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: s the sims 4 and expansion packs discs compatible with a UK PC DVD drive?

Hero (Retired)

@TheLondonLlama Most people do not know that optical drives set a region after sequentially using a specific region encoded disc so many times (I don't remember the specifics). You can change the region code 5 times before it is locked by the microcode on the optical drive itself. As far as I know TS4 is region free which means the disc should work regardless of the region setting of the optical drive. Any optical disc should work in the appropriate drive (dvd in a dvd drive).

hth

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (172 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@TheLondonLlama Most people do not know that optical drives set a region after sequentially using a specific region encoded disc so many times (I don't remember the specifics). You can change the region code 5 times before it is locked by the microcode on the optical drive itself. As far as I know TS4 is region free which means the disc should work regardless of the region setting of the optical drive. Any optical disc should work in the appropriate drive (dvd in a dvd drive).

hth

Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

★★ Novice
@roberta591 Thank you for your help :-)
Message 3 of 3 (141 Views)