romance option gone sims 4

by christianaka

Original Post

romance option gone sims 4

★ Novice

Ever since i added new mods and updated my sims 4 game, the romance option is gone for ALL of my sims in my game UNLESS they are already in a romantic relationship. I am also getting "Last exception" notifications but i dont know why. I have tried repairing my game, updating my mods, even taking the new mods added out, and deleting cache files. Do you think you can help? 

UPDATE: after deleting ALL of my mods, and running origin administrator and resetting my game, it still does not work. (sims are not related)

Message 1 of 18 (3,622 Views)

Re: romance option gone sims 4

Champion (Retired)

@christianaka 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 18 (3,603 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem, i removed all mods to my desktop, deleted all cache, and repaired the game from origin. After doing all of this i went back into the game and tried but theres still no romance options. Its not the mods cuz theyre gone, so how do i fix it? theres no point in playing without romance options, this is so annoying. 

Message 3 of 18 (2,547 Views)

Hero
@sweetnectahhh Could you check if your Sims have become relatives ? There's a bug with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (2,534 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I was about to say what Crin said.  Frown

Message 5 of 18 (2,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

okay, so heres the thing, the guy im trying to get to have romantic relations with other sims ive created, is adopted. He has the same last name because hes adopted by the girls fathers sister. so i was thinking maybe thats why? but i tried clicking on random ppl in the neighborhood and no romance option came up for strangers either? but its not mods because i recently made a house of 8 men and 8 women so my sims could meet ppl i can control, and i played the womens house for example and had a few other click on other girls in the house and romance option came up, so now i have no idea whats happening... becuase with all my old sims, except ones that are already married or in a relationship it doesnt show for, but then new sims it does... wth is going on lol.

also... ive done this with a son of a distant relative who is now in a relationship with the same guys sister, who was also adopted. she was able to have romance options with her "distant cousin" but her brother the other adopted boy isnt able to do the same thing? is it because it would be his 1st cousin? instead of like 2nd or 3rd cousin? regardless theyre not related but i guess the game sees it differently?

sorry one more thing... i did click on a random woman in the neighborhood with this adopted guy, and there were still no romance options, so its not 100% the whole relative thing.. so now what?

Message 6 of 18 (2,439 Views)

Hero
@sweetnectahhh Could you upload the guy that has the issue to the gallery and put the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (2,410 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict how would i do that? i know on discord u just drag and drop a file, but idk how i would do it on here?
Message 8 of 18 (2,393 Views)

Hero
@sweetnectahhh Do you have access to the ingame gallery ? You can just upload it there. You have to take it to CAS and from there you should have a button to upload to the gallery.

Then just put the name of the upload here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (2,381 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict ok so i uploaded the family on my sims from cas, the familys name is Thomas and the one having problems is Denny Thomas ...but its not just him, its happening with other sims as well.. but idk what ur gonna look at so lmk if you notice anything.
Message 10 of 18 (2,351 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help