replant doesn't work

by simstr0ng

Original Post

Accepted Solution

replant doesn't work

★ Apprentice

I used to be able for a Sim to gather plants (especially orchids) and plant those on another lot. Same for a Sim to visit a lot - gather plants (especially orchids) and then plant on his own lot. This is not working now. The replants sprout but then stay at that stage day after day. Most actions like water are grayed out. Any ideas? My most recent download is Get Famous. I don't have Weather. No mods or other additions. 

Message 1 of 5 (357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: replant doesn't work

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@simstr0ng 

Even if you do so - your sim would have to sleep there. Only after the night, the next morning will you see the difference.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (327 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@simstr0ng 

After the last patches, the plants in the garden grow very slowly. It requires much less watering and fertilizing. Flies are almost gone.
It actually grows only when your active sim is on the lot. For example, when you go to work and come back, you will find a garden in the same condition as before you went.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (339 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ok - I will spend more time on the secondary lot and see if that makes the plants grow. Thanks.
Message 3 of 5 (331 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@simstr0ng 

Even if you do so - your sim would have to sleep there. Only after the night, the next morning will you see the difference.

Message 4 of 5 (328 Views)

★ Apprentice

You are so right. Stayed overnight on secondary lot - plants matured. Thanks for the solution,

Message 5 of 5 (322 Views)