"unsupported video card"

by amelia4233

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"unsupported video card"

★ Novice

hello , im a little confused on something. ive had my pc since 2020 and the sims 4 has been working perfectly fine ever since. i had cc, mods, you name it. it all still worked .. until today . i opened my sims game to play , and first -- i was decorating my sims house when my entire screen went green and then my entire pc shut off and just reset ig. i was a little confused, but i went back on the sims and then it gave me the "unsupported video card" message. this hasnt happened before , and idk whats wrong. i have all of the minimum and recommended specs to play the sims , so i dont know why its saying this ? can someone help pleaseee !!

Message 1 of 3 (632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "unsupported video card"

Hero (Retired)

@amelia4233 There could be a few things that trigger this. An update may trigger a fresh hardware check for one. If your computer's video system is not is the games library you have to manually add it There are a couple of ways to do this. To help you we need data from your computer. You need to post your computer's dxdiag - how to get dxdiag then attach the created txt file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forums response window.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (607 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@amelia4233 There could be a few things that trigger this. An update may trigger a fresh hardware check for one. If your computer's video system is not is the games library you have to manually add it There are a couple of ways to do this. To help you we need data from your computer. You need to post your computer's dxdiag - how to get dxdiag then attach the created txt file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forums response window.

Message 2 of 3 (608 Views)

★ Novice

i actually got it fixed , i just had to update my drivers ! thank you!!

Message 3 of 3 (600 Views)