Re: "script call failed" with official Sims 4 expansion packs

by MissCarbonheart

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"script call failed" with official Sims 4 expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

I have had vanilla Sims for a couple of months, and everything was working swimmingly. Could access all tables, counters, etc no problem. Then I decided to get Sims 4 City Living. This is when it all went to hell - Counters, tables, lights... A bunch of stuff in every category is just inaccessible since I added this expansion pack and I have no idea how to fix it!

I am pretty annoyed. I have literally just bought this game and it's been rendered basically unplayable because of official Sims content!

Has anyone got any idea why this has happened, and how it can be fixed? If it cant I guess I will have to ask for my money back Devil

Message 1 of 3 (1,826 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@MissCarbonheart

Hi! Pleasetry repairing your game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

If that does not do it, try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,120 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@MissCarbonheart

Hi! Pleasetry repairing your game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

If that does not do it, try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 3 (2,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hi! I did that and it works a lot better now! I can access all the assets, but now I am having issues with the trees popping in and out of 2D. Might be because I used bb.enablefreebuild and bb.moveobjects, but I have seen a seperate thread mentioning this that I will consult Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (1,790 Views)