"launcher encountered error, please see log for info"

by holycrepe01

Original Post

Highlighted

"launcher encountered error, please see log for info"

★★ Novice

I'm getting this error repeatedly, "There was an error during startup, please see log for info" And i tried everything i know. Repair files, uninstall and reinstall, and i can't find how to fix it! only thing i havent tried is registry crap but i refuse to touch sensitive things like registry without proper reason. Does anyone know what's happened or at least what possibility?

Message 1 of 6 (600 Views)

Re: "launcher encountered error, please see log for info"

@holycrepe01  The most common cause of this error is a leftover registry entry from content that's no longer installed.  Have you ever installed the game on this computer before, and when how?  (disc, Origin, Steam)  What kind of install do you currently have?  Are there any packs that used to be installed but aren't now?  Even an older Origin install might have left behind registry entries that don't correspond with the current setup—I know the TS3 entries look different now than they did a year ago.

The usual approach is to uninstall the game, clean the registry with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner, and reinstall the base game only to test.

If you want to put off cleaning the registry, you can try running Origin and TS3.exe as an admin (as in, right-click on each one and select "Run as administrator").  You can also clear Origin's cache, uninstall it "the hard way," and reinstall.  But these steps don't usually help.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (575 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict i used origin to install, and registry sounds about right because just before i tried to use it, i deleted a mod i didn't want anymore. NRaas story progression kept making unroutable sims. so i decided not to screw with it anymore.
Message 3 of 6 (559 Views)

★★ Novice
@holycrepe01 Also, i tried to edit the registry and it didn't work.
Message 4 of 6 (554 Views)

@holycrepe01  When did you install the game for the first time on this computer, and what type of install was this?  And what do you mean that editing the registry didn't work?

NRaas StoryProgression doesn't create unroutable sims, although sims can become unroutable for all kinds of reasons that are unrealated to SP.  Still, if you've been using mods, please move your entire Sims 3 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, just to be thorough.  You can move your content from this folder into a new one after you get the game running again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (521 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict
1: About a month ago
2: I did like i found on a similar topic and deleted unused registries, University life to be exac as i no longer have it.
3: i just tried removing the whole folder and no dice.
Message 6 of 6 (495 Views)