Re: "game loading in progress"

by kreatora

Original Post

"game loading in progress"

★★★ Newbie

Hi , So im playing a new save on sims and i went on and i was about to go into build mode and it said "game loading in progress" i'm not sure if its anything to do with the fact i just deleted all my cc and mods and got new ones or something else but its so annoying because i cant save it and if i don't save it i lose my sims , their romantic relationship , and her pregnancy please help!!!

Message 1 of 2 (205 Views)

Re: "game loading in progress"

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@xoxoislaxoxo

I think that broken mod after the patch is causing it. Broken mod could also have damaged your files in the game folder so the best is to do the reset of your game folder.
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged
By the way. If it will be work save the game option "Save as .. number " - not "Save and Quit".

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (193 Views)