Re: "You already have all the games in this order" even though i dont

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Novice
i live in Singapore. i ran into another problem. When i bought a seperate pack online, i cant install the pack. The registration code for my game is invalid for some reason
Message 11 of 15 (404 Views)

@mojangthesim  If you bought from an unauthorized third-party seller, then you may have received a bad code.  This happens quite often these days, as EA has become more vigilant in deactivating codes that were originally stolen or otherwise fraudulently obtained.  It doesn't matter that the player has no idea that there was anything wrong with the code.

Your only option here is to ask for your money back from the site that sold you the pack.  Hopefully it has a reasonable return policy.  It's better to get a refund rather than a replacement code, as that code may also be invalid, or worse, it may be deactivated later, as EA does another sweep for bad codes.  Some people have played for months or even years without issue, only to login one day and find that one or more packs are missing from the launcher.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 15 (397 Views)

★ Novice
But the problem here is that i bought everything from Origin. Even in the Sims 3 Exchange the game is not registered. Some posts said it was normal for it to not be shown but im not sure
Message 13 of 15 (393 Views)

@mojangthesim  I thought you meant you'd bought a code somewhere else and tried to register it in Origin.  If you buy a pack through Origin, you don't need to register it in the store—the two are supposed to automatically share that information.  In fact, the code will show as already used even if you're trying to add it to the same account where it's already registered.

Occasionally the store info does fail to update, although sometimes it's just a question of clearing your browser caches.  But when your store account continues to not show the game, the only thing you can do is contact EA customer support to have someone remove the pack and re-add it to your account.  That seems like a lot of trouble to go through, although I guess you might want those registration rewards.

If you can't install a pack you bought through Origin, though, that's definitely the kind of issue you should take to EA support.  Having the code and/or proof of purchase would be helpful, but the support rep should be able to look up your purchase history regardless.  Explain that you've already tried clearing Origin's cache and uninstalling and reinstalling Origin, without any success.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

P.S.  If the pack is showing as owned in Origin but pressing the download button does nothing, that's a separate issue.  Try clearing Origin's cache and uninstalling "the hard way" again (on a mac you'd run the Origin reset tool instead), and when you launch it afterwards, uncheck the box for automatic game updates.  Then go to Application Settings, and under Application (the first tab), enable automatic game updates.  Quit Origin and relaunch, and you should be offered a download of that pack.

Message 14 of 15 (383 Views)

@SavPMA @patrice7834 @smexychlo123 @kb772000 and @mojangthesim  This issue should be resolved now, and you should be able to buy the Sims 3 packs you want through Origin again.  Please report back if you have any more trouble with purchases, and I'll pass along that information, but the hope is that everything works now.

Message 15 of 15 (295 Views)