Re: "Warning; Unrecognized Video Card. Your video card not found in our dat

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@esperelda  Can you launch RTSS from the Start menu?  It doesn't matter which one you choose, or you can try each in succession.  If you don't see anything on your screen, check the Tray again.

I always launch RTSS from its .exe in Program Files, but it doesn't show on-screen unless I open it from the Tray.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 55 (699 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

After double clicking one of the RTSS icons from the Start menu, it showed up on the bottom left of the screen on the toolbar. After double clicking there, the window you showed popped open. I originally purchased sims 3 on disc and as expansions came out I think I got all those on disc. Hope am remembering correctly. I also used to sign into Origin but stopped because I heard Origin will automatically update the game so that you can only play some expansions at a time (Do you know if this is still true?). Anyway after clicking green add button a window pops out saying "Look in:" so I can go to "This PC" to "documents" to "Electronic Arts" to "The Sims 3" but I don't see any TS3W.exe that you mentioned? Origin also pulls up as an option in the "Look in" window. 

Message 32 of 55 (688 Views)

@esperelda  There is no TS3W.exe anywhere in Documents; it's inside the game's program files.  If you installed via disc, the full file path will probably be something like this:

Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Origin can and will update your game to patch 1.69, which would require you to run the game through Origin rather than from your discs.  If you already play through Origin or did so in the past five years, this has probably already happened, but if not, it's something to avoid.

Message 33 of 55 (680 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > EADM ....the EADM folder is empty so this must not be the correct location. When news came out about that Origin update everyone was saying disable the automatic update so I did. Since then I turned off the automatic updates and Origin still says it has an update yet this seems to be the file path on my computer: Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin. So this is the one to choose?

Message 34 of 55 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]

@esperelda  Yes, the ...The Sims 3\Game\Bin is the correct path, and if you're on patch 1.69, you'll want to add TS3.exe, without the W.  You can see the patch number in the lower left corner of the launcher.

Message 35 of 55 (657 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When I click green Add button, a window pops up  that says "look in" so i start clicking in succession "This PC" that file/folder opens, then I click "Local Disk (CStandard smile" icon then that window opens etc etc I  keep clicking til I get all the way into Bin and the only thing left to click is "open" and nothing happens. See what I mean...like I can't actually type out the file path in the little tiny box that says "Look in" and "Open" because nothing would "match" How exactly am I supposed to tell/show RTSS that this is the path file?

Message 36 of 55 (643 Views)

@esperelda  So there's nothing showing up in the Bin folder?  That's exactly where you'd find the .exe to add.  I'm looking at RTSS right now and see five different .exe files in the Bin folder.

But just to make sure you're looking in the correct location, please launch Sims 3, put it in windowed mode, and open the Task Manager, which you can access by right-clicking on the Taskbar along the bottom of the screen.  You'll see an entry for Sims 3; right-click on that and select "Open file location."  That's the location of the .exe that's running Sims 3, and that's the location you need to open within RTSS to find that .exe.

Message 37 of 55 (624 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

When following This PC > Local Disk (C) > Progr Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 3 > Game > Bin (which is also what shows using your instructions with Task bar/ Task manager) there is a long list of 'files' some say "icon," "application," CONFIG file," etc but none say .exe except "Sims3Launcher.exe.config or Sims3LauncherW.exe.config. But when looking at,it seems, those same files in RTSS they look different and  one says TS3 executable file (under file  type but I have to highlight it before it says that) and a TS3W (also only once highlighted shows file type as executable)

So can I choose the TS3W because that matches my disc downloads, instead of TS3 which means it is an Origin game?

And, what do I do just double click on TS3W and it will then show in RTSS?

Message 38 of 55 (608 Views)

@esperelda  If you installed via disc but then Origin patched the game to 1.69, you'd need to use TS3.exe, and if you're still on patch 1.67, you'd need to use TS3W.exe.  You can see the patch level in the launcher, or you can see which .exe the game uses through the Task Manager.  Or you can add both TS3.exe and TS3W.exe and set the limit to 60 for each one.  It doesn't really matter; you'll get to the same place regardless.  And yes, the files that end in .exe are executables.

If you double-click on an .exe, it should be added to RTSS, and then you can set the fps limit for that .exe.

Message 39 of 55 (2,990 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok I followed everything and the fps no longer goes over 60. Played about 30 minutes -- will more over the weekend to see how it does. Wow I had no idea this whole venture would be so involved and get kinda hard LOL. Thank you @puzzlezaddict soooo much for all your time and willingness to get this resolved! I see why you are a hero!!! 

Message 40 of 55 (577 Views)