Re: "Warning; Unrecognized Video Card. Your video card not found in our dat

by esperelda

Original Post

@esperelda  In your second screenshot, you can see the file path above the .exe and the folder: the file path says you're looking inside a .zip.  So either back out one level from that screenshot, click Extract, and run the installer inside the extracted folder; or if you've already extracted the .zip, open that folder you've extracted.

If you're not sure where the extracted folder went, try to extract again and take note of where Windows is telling you the content will land.  Since you're getting an error message that there's already a file present in the same location, that's where the extracted files are, and that's where you need to look.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 55 (596 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok you've been such a help with this but is there anyway you can please help with this last part of the RTSSS? I'm honestly stuck and have 3 folders of this RTSSS saved to desktop (I had to close the windows where I'd sent you pics) but can't do anything with any of them. I try to get back to those steps where I sent pics but each time I double click on any, a file window pops up with a long list of smaller file folders, applications, DAT file, CFG file etc. I clicked something to try uninstalling but it said something about something running and that the uninstall would be aborted. Can you give me steps on how to uninstall this or is there an extremely easy way of explaining how I can get back to the step of I think unzipping the file? I don't know why but I'm just not understanding any of this. I've unzipped mods in the past and have never run into this complication. 

Message 22 of 55 (574 Views)

@esperelda  Delete all the instances of RTSS in Downloads and restart your computer.  Download a new copy of RTSS, but this time, do not double-click.  Instead, right-click and select Extract Here.  You'll get a folder for RTSS in Downloads, not a .zip but a regular folder; please double-check the file type to the right of the name.  Open that folder and launch the installer.

Message 23 of 55 (562 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I deleted everything labelled RTSS from Downloads (only 3 of them in recent download history). Turned off computer, downloaded again, then went into Downloads and right clicked on new RTSSS. There is a list that does not include "extract here" but when i hovered mouse over "7 zip" the option to "extract here" was there so I clicked it. Then a box popped up saying "Confirm File Replace. Destination folder already contains processed file. Would you like to replace the existing file.......with this one.........?" 

I stopped here and haven't done anything because I don't know what to do. I can't attach a pic because it says the file size is too big. 

Message 24 of 55 (535 Views)

@esperelda  Sorry for the late reply.  It sounds like there's another copy you didn't find, but it's okay to replace it.  Just make sure you look for it after it's extracted, because it has to be there somewhere.  It can also help to sort the folder by modified date (click the header): the most recent files will be at the top, although RTSS may have its uploaded date rather than the date you downloaded it.  That should still be recent though.

Message 25 of 55 (520 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've followed your steps to the best of my ability and I'm just simply not getting the window you showed that allows me to open RTSSS. Something is wrong somewhere. I've done this repeatedly. 

Message 26 of 55 (513 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The most I ever get is a set-up wizard that asks if I want or agree to RTSSS and what name do I choose for a start up file. And as I look at the Start menu in the left hand corner there are 3 RivaTuner Statistics Server icons and I don't know what they are or what to do with them or what they mean.

Message 27 of 55 (508 Views)

@esperelda  If you open the Tray, do you see a blue and red RTSS symbol?  The Tray is in the lower right corner; click on the ^ symbol to open it.  If RTSS is running and you click on its icon, it should show what's in my earlier screenshot.

Message 28 of 55 (500 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is not a blue and red symbol in the Tray.

Message 29 of 55 (494 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

....not a blue and red RTSSS symbol...

Message 30 of 55 (493 Views)