"Uhg, Family" moodlet?

by Andipoodle

Original Post

Re: "Uhg, Family" moodlet?

★★★★★ Novice

You are so kind! Thank you so much for your time. I will definitely have to explore grilled cheese more.
Grim has his own house with his killer cowplant and ghost wife. Their house is haunted so as elders die, they begin to haunt their home and scare Grim and his wife! (How does a ghost scare a ghost and death itself?)

I was going to put Grim in with the Cromley's but I decided to add grandma and grandpa instead.. So There is Margaret, Cornelius, Atticus, Amelia, Judas, Adrian, Morgana and Luna.
Margaret and Cornelius are Amelia's parents and Atticus and Amelia are the parents of the rest. I've noticed the bigger the household, the more lag I get, for sure. Keeping up with cowplant at the Cromley's place is difficult and I've already ended up with two dead and am on my third. The Reaper's cowplant will feed on unsupecting sims, as it is set outside of the gate to their yard. >Standard smile

Message 21 of 36 (1,748 Views)

Champion

@Andipoodle, LOL that death is afraid of ghosts!Large smile:eahigh_file:   Is the Grim still on the toilet?Wondering

Also, I wanted to update you on my trying to get the "Childhood Enemies" status or whatever it is.  I made a pair of fraternal twins (different looks and different personality) and had them fight all the time and declared each other enemies as children.  Then I aged them up to teens, and while it says they are enemies, it does not say "Childhood Enemies" and they don't seem upset at being near each other unless I make them be mean to each other.Oops  Where exactly was the title Childhood Enemies located.  That might help me either figure out what's going on with your game, or it might help me figure out how to recreate it in my game. (or maybe I still won't be able to figure it out LOL) Wink

(PS. I kill my Cowplants all the time!  I've only had one ever eat anybody in TS4.  In TS3 I had them eat people all the time, but they didn't die so quickly, and were much easier to take care of!) Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 36 (1,721 Views)

Champion

@Andipoodle, I'm still not seeing the "Childhood Enemies" status or title.  (I mentioned this in my post above this one, but I don't know if you saw it or not since you didn't answer my question. ) My question is: where exactly is the title "Childhood Enemies" located when you saw it?  (you can show with pictures if it is too hard to describe).  I was not able to recreate it, so I must have done something wrong! Did you only notice the title when one of them aged to Young Adulthood?   Wondering

Message 23 of 36 (1,705 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey Pug,
It should be under the friends and family tab? Or social / or just people you know / have a relationship with. Then scroll off the sibling and it should say it on there.
I just got online so let me log in and edit this post / add pictures to it.
Grim is no longer stuck on the toilet and Judas has moved out and has his own family so there is no problem with Adrian unless they meet up somewhere.
Brb grabbing screenshots.

Message 24 of 36 (1,701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here you go! Sorry that took so long. >_>

Message 25 of 36 (1,698 Views)

Champion

Thanks @Andipoodle.Standard smile I gave you some XP on your post for supplying me with pictures of what your talking about.  A picture really IS worth a thousand words! Large smile

That is the area I thought the Chilhood Enemies title/status would be located at, but I just wanted to make sure. Wink The print is too small in the picture for me to read under the Childhood Enemies title, so can you tell me what the description is?  That might help.  Also, do you remember how Adrian & Judas interacted when they were younger?  Did you make them fight, or did they do it automatically ?  Do you remember any particular incidents that might have led to this state they are in?  I'm thinking the Childhood Enemies status is what is giving you the Ugh Familiy moodlet all the time, but I want to know how they got to the point of being Childhood Enemies! Even though they don't live together anymore, it can still be helpful for us to know what causes this so we can either avoid it in the future, or fix it if possible.

So, Grim is off the toilet!  LOL  (I thought he might have Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis -- no laughing matter in real life Devil, but very funny to think of in the Sims, especially with it being the Grim Reaper! Large smile LOL)  Did he stop always using the toilet on his own, or did you figure out something to make him stop?  Wondering

Message 26 of 36 (1,691 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you! and I know! I probably could never explain myself without screenshots! x_x
I believe when Adrian was a child he went through some phases and ended up having a low friendship bar with Judas. Probably even being enemies. As my second 'child' sim and first to grow up with a sibling, I didn't realize this might carry on to teenagehood. 

In the relationship bar it says: "Childhood Enemies: From A negative relationship with an ally sibling."
I don't really know what that means but okay.

as for Grim, I am not 100% sure if his toilet ailments are completely gone. For awhile I played him with no needs, but if it was resolved, the game fixed it on it's own and it was a bug only during that particular gameplay.

Also have you tried to get plantsim and alien to try for baby? For some reason I can't. (I wouldn't expect my mod to turn try for baby off, just have the baby come out half human? But that's not the case here apparently?)

Message 27 of 36 (1,683 Views)

Champion

@Andipoodle, I am assuming that you have the Parenthood Game Pack?  Since the Parenthood Game Pack is still new, we don't know all the ramifications that can result. Oops  for 3 or so years we have been playing TS4 a certain way, and raising our children accordingly, but Parenthood GP really changes family life in TS4!  I love these new changes, but we don't know all the ins and outs of them yet, so it makes it hard to figure things out.  Raised eyebrow  The phases that children and teens go through came with Parenthood.  In my test game that I did for you trying to get some siblings with a low relationship bar to age to teens, not only did they have a low relationship bar, but they also declared each other enemies.  They would also spontaneously fight (but I directed them to declare each other enemies), but they never have gotten the Ugh Family moodlet yet, and their status just says Enemies and Disliked, but no Childhood Enemies.  I also find the wording of the Childhood Enemies description odd since an "ally" is someone on your side, so an "ally sibling" should be a sibling that is close to the other sibling!?!? Sick

I also wish we knew more about why Grim kept using the toilet!  I suppose you playing him with no needs circumvented the problem and he became unstuck from that behavior.  

As for the Alien and PlantSim having a baby, while PlantSims can have babies, they are 100% normal Sims, even if they were conceived while a parent was a PlantSim or if they were born while the mother was a PlantSim. Frown I do not know of any restrictions for PlantSims having babies with Aliens.  My guess is the result would be the same as if a 100% Alien had a baby with a 100% normal Sim.  The resulting baby would be half Alien, and half regular Sim, but may or may not exhibit their Alien DNA with all of the abilities that would entail. However, I would give it a try without your Mod just to see if there is something blocking it. Wink I now need to also see if one of my Aliens has any problems having a baby with a PlantSim and if they have problems having a baby with a regular Sim (as a Control).  Nerd

Message 28 of 36 (1,677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey.
I do have Parenthood. Adrian and Judas never became enemies.. which is what I found odd about it. I think they just had arguments and were in the disliked bar when Adrian aged to teen. So it wasn't something that was done on purpose. I always tried to make them get along but they wouldn't... I know there are cheats to remove certain 'relationship types' from characters (such as brother, sister, mother, father, grandparent, ect.) but not the ones I'm looking for.. the.. 'relationship types' that go beyond DNA. So 'ally' meaning they did not declare themselves enemies as they never were... Adrian just disliked Judas. I guess I shouldn't worry with that since Judas is moved out and its unlikely they will run into eachother again.. 

Grim is indeed still stuck with his needs. I have to cheat and 'make happy' in order to get him off the toilet.
As for his wife, she died by sauna and I wish I could change that. She's always getting water and leaving it all over the house.

I decided to make Alien x Plantsim baby  child in cas. When she grows up, i'll just turn her into a plantsim. fix'd.

I need to think of something to do. I'm getting bored.. Know of anything that keeps the sims super interesting?

Message 29 of 36 (1,668 Views)

Champion

Hello again!

Hmm that's odd that you tried to make them get along but they never did on their own. Raised eyebrow Usually Sims will react based on their current interactions unless one or more of them have a trait that makes friendly interactions unlikely -- but that is not the case with Judas and Adrian since neither of them have those kind of triats! Shocked  So that leaves me to guess that either of them or both were in a phase of some sort and the negative interactions stemmed from that! 

Thanks for the background info!  I now know that in trying to recreate your situation, I shouldn't have let them declare each other enemies!  I will try to redo this from an earlier save and see if I can get the Childhood Enemies from that ! 

On a good note, this lets us see how detailed the Parenhood GP really is!  I'm impressed! Heart Unless someone hates playing families, then I think this is a necessary pack to get for TS4! Party hat

Even thought Adrian & Judas don't live together anymore, this might come up in some other family that you play, so it is still a good idea to figure out how this situation happened! 

Grim does sound like there is some glitch going on, but I have only played with a few NPCs before, and never the Grim (at least not in TS4).  have you tried repairing your game through Origin? Wondering  That might help! 

So for your Alien Plantsim hybrid, you are going to make a half Alien/half regular Sim in CAS and then when she gets older trun her into a PlantSim?  Sounds like a good way to go about it.  I'd like to see pics when it happens!

If you are getting bored with TS4, then there are a couple of things you can do:

1) if you don't already have all the Stuff, Game, & Expansion Packs, you can get the ones you don't already have.

2) you can play the opposite way you normally play (if you normally play nice, you can play mean and vice versa; if you normally play families, you can play singles and vice versa; etc.)

3) since you play with cheats and Mods, you can try playing without those.  Likewise you can play with a new Mod you've never played with before (just keep in mind that any Mod can become outdated when there is an update to the game, even if you wouldn't think it would effect it!)

4) You can focus on trying to make a family and try all of the parenting styles to see what each results in. Try to get a family with kids to get all their character traits in the red and then try another family to get all their character traits in the green.  Go for as many traits that carry over into adulthood as you can. You might have to play with long life span for this!

5) if you haven't played with all of the Maxis pre-made Sims that come with the game and several packs, you can try playing with them

6) Recreate your favorite movie characters or TV characters and play their lives

7) recreate your own family or friends and try to replicate their houses as closely as you can (I still remember doing this when I first got married with my husband and my first apartment with TS1.  On the console version of TS 1 I recreated my childhood home so well, my husband recognized it!)

8) There are many different Legacies and Challenges you can play, including Genetics Challenges & Building Challenges.  

You might even come up with your own ideas!  Angel

Message 30 of 36 (1,630 Views)