"Uhg, Family" moodlet?

by Andipoodle

Original Post

Re: "Uhg, Family" moodlet?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Judas:

Current Aspiration: Computer Whiz (soon to change. I prefer the lab job)
Bookworm, Genius
Adrian:

Current Aspiration: Bestselling Author
Bookworm, Art Lover

Friendship status: 
Acquaintances

(I think I found it!)
Childhood Enemies
(From: A negative relationship with an ally sibling)

Brother

Now... how does one fix a childhood problem....?

Also they have two new twin little sisters! This house is gonna turn into a nightmare...

Message 11 of 36 (3,431 Views)

Champion

thanks for the details! Standard smile I was trying to see if any of them had a Criminal aspiration or if they had the Evil , Mean, or Hot-Head traits, but none of their traits would account for their animosity. Plus, that Childhood Enemies status you found is the likely culprit!  :eahigh_file:   Unfortunatly I usually concentrate on having my Siblings get along for the most part -- a few squabbles here and there, but I try to have them be friends for the most part.  This means that I don't know what to do with a "Childhood Enemies" relationship in the same household! Disappointed I'm sorry.Embarrassed  I will try to make a new family and try to duplicate your results to see If I can figure out how to help you!  Do you know what you had them do to each other that might have made them have the Childhood Enemies status? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 12 of 36 (3,422 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Puglove! Thanks for the response. We have already checked all of these things and it doesn't appear to have anything to do with any of them. There's something else that's going terribly wrong. I'll try some cheats to see if I can remove said 'phase', but I don't believe they have it. I believe it's being caused by 'childhood enemy'... Still trying to figure out a way to fix it.

Message 13 of 36 (3,419 Views)

Champion

Hello @Andipoodle ! No, I agree with you that its most likely the "Childhood Enemies" status, but that isn't necessarily a glitch or bug, I think it is designed that way. Angel  Tha'ts a good idea to try to remove it with a cheat.  Standard smile

If there is something really "terribly wrong" then you will have to remove you Mods and CC one at a time to try to find what's messing with your game Frown, but unless you have a Mod that affects relationships, then the Childhood Enemies status is supposed to be there and it would have to do with relationship status and their previous interactions with each other.  In that case you would need to improve their relationship. 

Message 14 of 36 (3,418 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

(Sorry for the reply from before. I think I got confused and replied to one of your original posts)
Do you know if there is a way to remove 'childhood enemies' with a cheat? I have scoured the internet looking for a fix but I have come up empty. Filling their friendship meter to the top didn't help either. Anything will help at this point. I just don't know what to do and I can't have them be angry all the time, especially Adrian as he is quite prone to death apparently. Plus with the twins now here, it's so hard to manage the household.
Do you also know if there is something that will auto-command vampires to eat the fruit when they are hungry so they don't go after sims? I have an orchard of plasma trees and i have to feed the fruit one at a time to the sims and they take a very long time to feed...

Message 15 of 36 (3,413 Views)

Champion

that's alright, @Andipoodle , Angel  I usually don't mess with too many cheats, I'll try to see if I can find any for your situation, 

So, since filling their friendship bar doesn't work, I'm thinking that this has to do with a Mod you are using.  Do you have any relationship Mods?  If not, then do it still might be another Mod causing the problem.Raised eyebrow

As for the Vampires I don't think that there is anything to make them automatically eat their plasmafruit or plasma packs over Sims, unless there is a Mod out there, but since it is probably a Mod causing your other problems, then this wouldn't be the best idea to get another one until you sort out your other problem. Disappointed What you can do is go into "Controls" and under the Gameplay tab you can turn off "Free Will" so that in order for your Sim to do anything, you have to direct them to do it. Standard smile

I'm going to try to find a cheat for you, but there might not be one.

Message 16 of 36 (3,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I do not have any relationship mods and it turns out mods are not the problem. Here is Judas again with the 'uhg, family' next to Adrian and this is with ALL MODS removed.
Thank you for continuing the search for a fix with these two. I highly appreciate it.

Message 17 of 36 (3,394 Views)

Champion

Thanks for testing your Mods! Angel Well, at least we can rule those out!  I've gotten the "Ugh Family" moodlet before, myself, but it was not constant like yours is ! I'm trying to see if I can get a Childhood Enemies status to see if I get the moodlet and if it is as prevalent as yours if they have the Childhood Enemies status! Thinking I'll get back to you!

(I love the blue wallpaper and furniture in your screenshot by the way!) Heart

Message 18 of 36 (3,387 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for the help and looking into this for me. I've only had the sims for less than a month.
I also decided to get the grim reaper in a family and he is have a toilet problem.
He sits on the toilet and never gets any relief and when I have told him to get of the toilet, he flushes, then sits back down to use it again.
I have tried 'reset object' on him but he hasn't had any change and I fear he may be stuck forever! He's the only grim reaper in game so I can't just remake him!
I have also tried multiple toilets and that didn't seem to help. Here's a screenshot.

(and thank you. The kitchen / family room is one of my favorites in the house!)

side note: The Grim Reaper's aspiration is 'Grilled Cheese.' Your goal is to eat grilled cheese, talk about grilled cheese, and make grilled cheese and as the aspiration goes up, the quality of the grilled cheese goes up. I can't figure out how it even works because there is no action under friendly for him that is "talk about grilled cheese" so i maxed out his aspiration with cheats.
Just... Grilled cheese though...? Someone at EA really likes grilled cheese.

Message 19 of 36 (3,371 Views)

Champion

@Andipoodle, I havn't forgotten about you, I've just been busy with family and haven't had time to play but for a tiny bit. Dog I'm still trying to get the Childhood Enemies status for some Sim siblings to see what causes it, and if anything can be done about it, either in game play, or cheats , etc.  Thinking

I understand how difficult it is when you are new to a game and still trying to learn the ropes (and then something goes wrong!)  With Sims 2 and 3 there used to be the Prima Strategy guides that you could buy and they would be a humongous help, but they don't make those for TS4. Devil

As for your Grim Reaper problem, I'm not sure ... it might be because he is an NPC and not normally in a playable household.  I've known of people who have added him to their game, but I have never done it in TS4. The only NPCs I've added to my family are some repairmen whom were stuck on my lot and I tried to add to my family to see if that unstuck them, it did but another one filled his place and was also stuck! LOLLarge smile

Is the Grim Reaper in the same household as Adrian & Judas?  Wondering

I've only just now tried the Grilled Cheese Aspiration in my game.  This aspiration was added about a year or so ago in order to celebrate a Sims anniversary along with the Tragic Clown, the Cow Plant, and the Kleptomaniac trait. Party hat  The Tragic Clown was in TS1, the Grilled Cheese Aspiration and the Cow Plant was in TS2, and the Klepto trait was in TS3.  When they added these to TS4, I didn't play with the Grilled Cheese Aspiration because I was too busy making and playing my Tragic Clown family (the LaRue's) and I forgot about the new Grilled cheese Aspiration!  But I loved that aspiration in TS2 and had a lot of Grilled Cheese Sims running around my neighborhoods!  I had even made a house entirely out of orange, yellow, white, and brown for a family of Grilled Cheese Sims! Heart

As I play with my new TS4 Grilled Cheese Sim, I will see if I can have her reach the top of her aspiration without using cheats, and if I find out how, I will share the info with you! But first I will try to find out more about the Childhood Enemies status for you! Standard smile

Happy Simming!

Message 20 of 36 (3,333 Views)