"Uhg, Family" moodlet?

by Andipoodle

Original Post

"Uhg, Family" moodlet?

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't, i'm terribly sorry.
I have googled and searched and searched and wiki'd but I can't find any information about this moodlet.

My teen, and occasionally his adult brother get this moodlet and I am not sure how to get rid of it or 'cure' it. It adds +2 Angry and he fights and argues with his family constantly.
He is not an angry sim. He's creative and artistic and it doesn't make any sense..

Does anyone have any information on this moodlet and/or why it's happening constantly?

Message 1 of 36 (4,462 Views)

Re: "Uhg, Family" moodlet?

Champion

@Andipoodle, I've had this moodlet before.  I think it was during a "phase " my sim was going through, but I'm not sure if you can get it without the phase. I'm assuming you have the Parenthood pack? If it is a phase, that would explain the teen's behavior and moodlet, but I don't recall this moodlet showing up on any of my adult Sims. Thinking

Did you get a message in the upper right corner saying your Sim was going through a phase?  there are different phases that both children and teens can go through, and some of them turn your otherwise easy-going, friendly, loving young Sim into a little argumentative hot-head! Shocked  If it is a phase, then there should be an interaction under "Friendly" or "Parenting" that gives your parent Sim the option of talking to them about their phase.  If you click on that a box will come up in the upper right corner telling you what you can do to shorten this phase. 

If it is not related to a phase, then are there any options under "Friendly" that allow your Sims to "find common ground" or "apologize" (or anything along those lines)  ?  If not maybe taking a bubble bath or watching Comedy on TV or any other mood changing activity that is positive will help.  Please keep us updated if you find any solution!  I will try to get those moodlets in my game to see if I can figure out something else that might help you. Wink Best of luck!

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 36 (4,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much for all of this information. He may have been going through a phase, but I aged him up into a teenager and I'm not getting anything through parenting about talking to him about a phase. 

By the way, his name is Adrian and his adult brother is Judas.
Judas only gets the moodlet when Adrian has it and is around him, which happens any time he is around Judas at all. I think he may be jealous of him and that is what is causing it because he is the youngest? (is that programmed into the game?)
Also, since he has been turned into a vampire, he has been drinking from people uncontrollably while his thirst meter is full! Does this also have to do with his anger issues?

Also, i just noticed that he has VERY low emotional control. Could this have something to do with it as well?

Message 3 of 36 (4,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Andipoodle , thanks for your detailed description of your problem! Standard smile  As far as I know, the only "jealousy" programed into the game is with the Jealousy trait, but its description only lists it as pertaining romantic jealousy ... also, my experience of it in the game has only produced results for romantic jealousy.   Also, there does not seem to be a knowledge of "birth order" in the game.  Even with the Parenthood Game Pack, I have not run into any birth order issues so far.

I think the most likely culprit is his low Emotional Control.  That would make him more likely to deal with any negative emotion in an unproductive way.  (I don't know if it would make him get angry more often, though, nor do I know if it would make him get the "Ugh Family" moodlet more often).  Try to raise his emotional control levels and see if that helps!  One good way to raise emotional control is to go into Buy Mode and buy a journal for him.  Have him write in his journal often, and that will raise his emotional control! Angel Other actions will also raise emotional control, but I don't remember all of them, and the journal is easy to use and not expensive! Wink

As for the uncontrollable feasting on people even when his thirst meter is full, that sounds like a separate issue (but I could be wrong).  I'm not sure what could be causing that!  Thinking  The only thing I can think of is if you have Mods or CC (Custom Content) in your game.  That could be affecting both the "Ugh Family" moodlet, but is very likely to be making your Vampire Sim constantly drink from other Sims even when they are full.  What Aspiration and traits does your Vampire Sim have?

Message 4 of 36 (4,367 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay well.. at the moment.. Adrian is dead. He decided that staying indoors was a bad idea and died from sunlight (or didn't sleep, it was 10 pm after all.) and Judas has the "Uhg, Family." Moodlet even though Adrian is dead and he isn't around any family. I tried to use "sims.remove_all_buffs" on him and the moodlet stayed! I wish I knew how to check to see if a particular mod is causing the problem without removing them all...

Message 5 of 36 (4,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Andipoodle , Sorry your Sim died! Devil  I would have liked to have know if you could have fixed is constant drinking from Sims even when his thirst was satisfied.  Wondering

Now since I know you have Mods in your game, I'm thinking that that is what is causing at least one of your issues, if not both of them!   Since I don't play with Mods (for exactly this kind of reason) I don't know of the best way to handle your problem.  I've heard other people say that they will take out a Mod or CC one at a time to try to find the culprit, and then put everything back in the game except the CC or Mod that causes the problem, but if you have a lot of Mods or CC, this might be tedious!  It is very odd Shocked (not to mention frustrating Teeth bared ) that Judas still has the "Ugh Family" moodlet with no family around!

If you do find the Mod that is the culprit, then if you can contact whoever made the Mod and see if they can update it so it works properly.  Every time there is a new patch or new content (such as a new pack added to the game), Mods usually have to be updated to work properly with the new game data.

Best of luck, and please update us on any information you learn from what is causing your problem and if you are able to fix it! Wink

Message 6 of 36 (4,352 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I actually went in to repair the game and it fixed Judas' 'uhg family' problem. I'm still working on making an ambrosia to bring Adrian back. At the lab, Judas used a red hot serum on himself and when he got extremely angry, he went vampire nutso and started drinking uncontrollably like Adrian! So anger is the cause of random rampant vampire neck bitery! I am not sure if the repair of the game fixed Adrian since hes dead right now but so far so good.

Message 7 of 36 (4,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm very glad you fixed the "ugh Family" moodlet problem!  :eahigh_file:  Also, great detective work to find out what caused the uncontrollable drinking of Sims!  I haven't' had the Vampire Game pack for that long, and I really haven't  gotten any of my Vampires really mad yet, so that is good to know!  Now I want to make a Hot Headed Vampire and see what kind of havoc they wreak! LOL Wink

Let's hope your repair of the game will have fixed Adrian once you are able to revive him from the dead! Party hat  Thanks for updating us, and feel free to tell us if you bring Adrian back and if he is fixed or not!  Best of luck and Happy Simming! Heart

Message 8 of 36 (4,334 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Adrian is finally back! It took so long to get all the ingredients for the Ambrosia. I'm going to drop Adrian's artist career and have him be a writer instead so he can make books of life. I imagine it's so much easier. But as you can see, not long after Judas and Adrian are reunited, they both get the 'Uhg, Family' moodlet. Judas being an adult and Adrian a teen.

I'm going to mess around with his traits and see if it's nerd vs. artist causing the problem.

Message 9 of 36 (4,293 Views)

Champion

@Andipoodle, I never heard of a "Nerd" vs. "Artist" conflict in the game.  In fact since you can make a Sim with both of these traits, that would mean that those traits isn't what's causing the moodlet.   Now if one is "Good" and the other "Evil" that does create some tension in a relationship, and it is impossible to have both Good and Evil in the same Sim! Wink

Can you give their Aspirations and traits ?

Also, I'm thinking this moodlet is probably more caused by the status of their relationship.  If their relationship is really negative, then they will get negative moodlets from that. Frown  You will have to slowly build their relationship back up.  Appologizing, Finding Common Ground, etc. are good ways to do this.   Standard smile

Message 10 of 36 (4,284 Views)