"This world is unusable" and Body section in CAS broken

by ryeplantguy

Original Post

"This world is unusable" and Body section in CAS broken

★★★ Newbie

I recently updated my game and now it's broken. I have removed all cc/mods and cleared my caches, tried repairing the game, i troubleshooted mods for hours and found the problem persisted even after removing all mods/cc. when i go into CAS, the "Body" section UI is broken, and only allows me to remove/apply tattoos. On the world map I'm having the "this world is unusable due to a lack of rentable lots" pop-up but there's tons of rental lots and i just started a clean save without mods/cc and i'm still having these issues. i don't know what to do

Message 1 of 5 (1,095 Views)

Re: "This world is unusable" and Body section in CAS broken

@ryeplantguy  Please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  Launch the game to create a new folder, but don't add anything to it yet; just start a new save and see whether the same problems persist.

If any of the issues are still present, please clear Origin's cache and repair again.  Sometimes it takes clearing the cache to get a thorough repair.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, unfortunately I already tried all of that... several times Frown

edit: to clarify, this "break" happened three days ago, after updating a game patch. i removed mods, cleared cache and repaired my game more than once. i have all packs and i don't use a ton of CC. the only thing i can think of is an updated mod that isn't functional, but this wouldn't make sense since i've already done exactly as you said and it still persists.

Message 3 of 5 (1,037 Views)

@ryeplantguy  When you tried the clean user folder, did you have access to any of your mods?  It's possible that OneDrive is syncing files between the local version of Documents and the one within your OneDrive account, in which case your mods might reappear in-game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (1,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I don't have it synced to my onedrive. My mods are in a separate folder on my desktop with some random mods and stuff i plan on using (i keep everything else on a hard drive), and i turned off mods in-game as well when troubleshooting. I might just move my saves over, delete and re-install everything.

Message 5 of 5 (1,011 Views)