Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details

by icanpotatetothat

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is popping up for me but for different reasons. I tried to download Late Night and my computer couldn't take it so the download bar didn't move for two days. Eventually I gave up. I don't know how to fix it and this has been happening for a while now and i haven't been able to play so can you help me?

Message 31 of 42 (2,382 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jonathanslayer32 @equitydanes @arpatton25 There is a program called cla (crash log analyzer) - google it and download and run. It will help with the log file. As there are different problems that cause this issue I recommend opening a new thread of your own as this is an old thread.

Message 32 of 42 (2,375 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I am writing this message because I think I might have found the problem, I have read mostly everything on this page and have come up with a solution, also I do apologise for any misspelt words, here are the steps below.

1. I went into settings or control panel and went to the apps or manage programs section and looked for sims 3.

2. I uninstalled the expansion packs I had but NOT THE  SIMS 3 GAME.

3.  I started the launcher and it worked fine after that.

4. just letting you know I would play the game (WITHOUT THE EXPANSION PACKS) for at least 5 min before saving and exiting the game if you want to reinstall them.

just letting you know I haven't re-installed the packs yet on my computer so I don't know if it will work so please don't get angry at me if it doesn't work.

hope this helps you guys.

cheers

Message 33 of 42 (2,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I treid that right click and run as admin and it still pooped up please see log for more info?

Message 34 of 42 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HSZycAICEM

Vid is 2 mins long. Perfectly explained step by step what I needed to do. There was a key active in my registry for an expansion pack I wasn't using (not properly installed.) I removed the key and the game started right away.

Message 35 of 42 (1,944 Views)

★ Novice
I got windows 10 I don't understand why it won't let me play my Sims 3 I need help please
Message 36 of 42 (1,893 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@angelandsummer  I don't think CLA works in Windows 10. What happens when you start the game? Did the game ever work? Do you get an error message?

Message 37 of 42 (1,883 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this worked for me, definitely try if you tried to download an expansion that you don't own

Message 38 of 42 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had the same problem, and I know it's been like 5 years but still, this might be the answer. So what I did was go into Electronic Arts>Sims3> Game>Bin and see in the Bin if you have Resource.cfg. if you don't this it's the reason your game won't start. (Find a website with the Resource.cfg file or go to Electronic Arts>Sims 3>Game Data>Win 32 and copy and paste the file into your Game Bin.) After this see if your game will run. If you do have the Resource.cfg in your Bin then I'm sorry but I can't help.

Message 39 of 42 (1,496 Views)

★ Novice

That's the reason I've been having issues, too. The "friend" who built my computer torrented all the games I wanted instead of buying them outright and it seems to have destroyed my ability to play anything despite me deleting everything that was torrented and installing what I had from Origin instead. He refuses to take the blame or fix what he did and I have no idea how to fix it.

Message 40 of 42 (875 Views)