Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details" <- driving me insane.!!!!

by Borisraka_VROT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details" <- driving me insane.!!!!

★★★ Newbie

That isn't my only problem. When I went to download Showtime(I bought an online version from Amazon), it told me it couldn't continue with the set up until I updated my game. So I opened my launcher, and these exact words popped up "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details." I've been researching this error for atleast an hour or more and anything I've found has said there really isn't a guaranteed way to fix it. I tried uninstalling Origin and reinstalling, it worked for a second, but then it returned to the same error. I also tried updating Origins, but that also didn't work. So I searched online for a way to update the game without the launcher, but everything seemed way too shady. At this point and moment I'm downloading the game from Origins and hoping that it will allow me to just use the TS3 icon to open it when it's finished. I'd really appreciate some feed back on what to do with this. I'm just appalled that with as many people who have experienced the same error, no one has found a sure fire way to fix this, let alone the reason the launcher is bugging up the way it is.

Message 1 of 42 (120,876 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details" <- driving me insane.!!!!

★★★ Newbie

My dad showed me what the problem was. If your account(computer account) is a standard user, you have to right click the icon and run as an administrater because your privileges are insufficient to run the launcher and update the game. As soon as I did that my launcher popped right up. But he also told me that before running the game I needed to exit out of the launcher and reopen it, not running as an admin. because it wouldn't have any of my saved content.

View in thread

Message 3 of 42 (137,355 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's a thread about this here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Error-during-startup/m-p/1220#M70

Manually updating with the patches availble is not shady at all. I do it all the time since I'm not using Origin.

Links can be found here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/patches/m-p/144/highlight/true#M4

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 42 (120,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My dad showed me what the problem was. If your account(computer account) is a standard user, you have to right click the icon and run as an administrater because your privileges are insufficient to run the launcher and update the game. As soon as I did that my launcher popped right up. But he also told me that before running the game I needed to exit out of the launcher and reopen it, not running as an admin. because it wouldn't have any of my saved content.

Message 3 of 42 (137,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Omg! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Standard smile I have been trying to figure that out for like a week now and it had been driving me insane! Now it works and I am sooooo happy!!! Thank you again!!!

Message 4 of 42 (120,626 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having this issue for months. A friend wanted to do me a "favor" and torrented an expansion I want (I was going to wait to get it for my bday), and since then, I've had problems. I own the base game and Ambitions, so I uninstalled everything but those two, and got that error, so I uninstalled everything and did a system restore, but still got that error. Somehow I got the base game to work, but not Ambitions, so I emailed customer support and followed all the steps to manually uninstall everything. I still get that error. I haven't been able to play since July. I'm getting close to doing a complete factory restore and getting new games, but any help before I resort to that? I even have my games registered and tried to see if downloading them from Origins would work, but I still get the error when I try to play either one of the games.

Message 5 of 42 (120,460 Views)

Hero

Have you tried any of the suggestions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Error-during-startup/m-p/1220#M70 ?

Did you make sure your registry is clean when uninstalling (especially does references to the EP) ?

I would delete everything again, clean the registery, ditch the user files and make sure you have nothing Sims left on your Computer before reinstalling. Buying the game again won't help. Don't waste your money.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 42 (120,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've had the same problem. So, what I did was open my network and sharing and I noticed my computer was trying to connect to a wi-fi that was password protected. Then, I choose for my computer to "forget network" and after I did that The Sims opened up!! I think it wants some form of internet out none at all, weird, but I hope this helps!!! Good luck!! Standard smile
Message 7 of 42 (119,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried all of the suggestions here and I am still getting the error.  I don't know what else to do.  Please help!

Message 8 of 42 (118,470 Views)

★ Novice
Message 9 of 42 (113,053 Views)

★ Novice

I have this exact same problem. Sims3 used to work fine with Windows7 but since I upgraded to Windows8 (32 bit) I get this message.

What I did so far (after searching for hours for all kinds of solutions)

• Tried starting with disabled virusscanner (AVG free)
  • Tried starting up as administrator
  • Tried compatibility modus, both Windows7 and XP
  • Started up with all available Sims3 discs in the DVD-tray
  • Tried al the .exe files (TS3.exe etc.)
  • Tried starting with disabled firewall
  • Deleted all the cache files (Package)

I have no mods, only official add-ons all on DVD.

My system:

Windows8 pro 32 bits, upgraded from Windows7

Sims3 used to work fine on Windows7, with the same hardware configuration.

I'd rather not uninstall everything and perform a new install, since I've read that for many people the problem still occurs after a clean install.

All other games I have work fine on Windows8. Sims3 is the only game that doesn't

Please help??

Kind regards.

Message 10 of 42 (112,877 Views)