"The license limit for this product has been reached."

by spaghettinoose

Original Post

Re: "The license limit for this product has been reached."

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Medal of Honor install number 6 ?

I did a fresh install overnight 7+ hours.

Used Origin only.

It installed Punkbuster tho it's already installed for other games.

it installed a few of Extra ( 3 digit number ) updates, I searched for the super you mentioned but in MOH  I did not find it, is it Sims specific ??

I tried to play single player from Origin got the same Message License Limit just as it was launching.

I could talk about the Veins in my face but I won't and the word Stroke came to mind Lol Robin Williams came to mind (Golf)

I just don't think DRM should exist at all.

Then I thought lets try Multiplayer well it works ,... then I thought Maybe SP will work now, No.

I actually have 2 Licenses one for deluxe one for SP neither will work..

DRM only stops Honest persons with paid for games.

Thanks for trying.

I will call Support again tomorrow but My download speed means they cannot wait to see if it works.

I believe it is the "Origin Server" end that is at fault it happens when it goes online to check my license

Message 11 of 15 (1,048 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LinuxPusherI don't know about Medal of Honor but the license limit is a message from SecuROM. The problem with this Windows and OS X no longer supports SecuROM. The patch I mentioned is Sims 3 specific. The Origin sims 3 1.69 patch deactivates/removes SecuROM from sims 3. Do you have MOH in Origin? Windows 10 never supported SecuROM and microsoft pushed out updates to older versions of Windows. I thought Steam sold DRM free games? I read a post from 2015 that EA will issue a new code if you are having issues with an old code (maybe?). The problem with SecuROM is/was it was never supported to fix problems. It was written and used before it was really tested. There used to be a license recovery program that you ran on the old computer to move the license to a new machine. I know/knew publishers can modify/roll back the license limit but if the publisher just start rolling back the limit that would nullify the purpose of having SecuROM so SecuROM lived on. I agree that DRM is a nuisance but until a better system is conceived I don't have an answer. I used to write a lot of utility type programs for public domain (haven't heard that in a LONG time) and I also wrote routines I have seen in some programs. Today I only write what I need. I know what it is like to produce a major game only to see projected profits never reached (not even close). The old saying stands I don't write the rules - I only play the game.

Message 12 of 15 (1,032 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I Have windows 7 Pro 64bit Genuine

I bought the second MOH at g2play and activated it on Origin After they gave me a new key Code to first version but the key did not work.

"I thought Steam sold DRM free games?",....I think they have with DRM since I am having so many issues, BUT I even did a Fresh windows install with updates.

"There used to be a license recovery program that you ran on the old computer to move the license to a new machine."....... I have had the same machine (my build) since I started gaming but with CPU, Ram, SSD, Hdd, and Video Card upgrades.

But with the internet being what it is I have Cloned it back a few times and done a few fresh installs when in doubt.

"I agree that DRM is a nuisance but until a better system is conceived I don't have an answer. I used to write a lot of utility type programs for public domain (haven't heard that in a LONG time) and I also wrote routines I have seen in some programs. "

That must be a good feeling seeing your work out there.

Thanks again for the assist.

LP

Message 13 of 15 (1,024 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@LinuxPusher  If g2play may not (probably not) an authorized EA code seller. Again if the product is the physical copy - sealed - with a code sheet (never used), that should be a legit sale regardless of where you buy it. Amazon is the only authorized code seller other then EA. I think EA has begun to deactivate illegal codes as the pirated codes has become a big issue. I image there is a lot of users buying supposedly legal codes that are already spoofed by an unauthorized seller. DRM has to be simple enough to be managed yet complicated enough that it can't be easily hacked. As all the discs are generic (all the same), what you are paying for is the license (code) to play the game - when you buy the game you do not own the game. Licensing of software is not new. Example is the Windows operating system - if I buy just the Windows operating system I have to activate the installation. For TS3 you have to agree with the license before you can play the game - the EULA (end user license agreement) - you know the thing that no one reads. I'm guessing the EA system can not activate the same code on 2 or more accounts. To give you a new code the rep has to deactivate the old code and issue a new code. So if you have a spoofed code EA has the right to deactivate the old code. Some form of DRM is here to stay. The merits of software licensing could be discussed for a long time and involves many aspects. Valve came up with Steam and in many ways Origin is like Steam. I stay away from Ebay as much as I can as Ebay is just an online flea market. I can go into detail how the code sale scam works but ultimately it is just that - a scam.

Message 14 of 15 (1,013 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The first game MOH Deluxe Edition was on Steam I had it for years.

I bought all my games on Steam or Humble, except for the standard MOH  I just bought to replace Deluxe.

At any rate I was preparing to buy many more games and was moving from Steam to Origin and Uplay.

I think I own 75 games and 8 software.

I think its time to stop buying Games When the other Games I have fail or are removed without warning like Dead Island epidemic was I will just delete them.

I really am fed up, but stubborn so I think its time to move on.

Cheers !

LP

Ps "If g2play may not (probably not) an authorized EA code seller.", ... you can check it out g2play dot net

Message 15 of 15 (1,005 Views)