Re: "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working" crash

by nooraoohK_kasaP

Original Post

"The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working" crash

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this error whenever I try to enter the game.

1. Load Origin, play Sims 4

2. Screen logo loads

3. Sims 4 logo come up, CRASH with error msg "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working"

FYI, I have:

1. The game was playing fine on day of launch and the day after. I was playing with max out graphics and gameplay was smooth. It only started having this on the 3rd day.

2. I have already updated all drivers, tried Clean Boot, disabled anti-virus and everything

Googled and saw someone post this

http://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/2fbx2h/

Unfortunately wasn't very helpful without the details, can the tech staffs at Origin/EA help..?

Message 1 of 26 (50,798 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have the same thing iv spent the last 8hrs trying to get this game to work...i have tried everything but the problem continues game crashes at the sims 4 logo in the intro.. i leaning towards a refund which sucks because i really want this game..

Message 2 of 26 (50,662 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Linking you to my thread on how i fixed this issue to see if it might work for you guys as well.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/My-Fix-For-quot-The-Sims-4-Has-Stopped-Working-quot/m-p/3445991#...

Message 3 of 26 (50,662 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this problem everytime I try to SAVE the game or TRAVEL with the sim. Im loosing my mind cause every time I play day or two and i want  to save, then "Sims 4 is not responding" and crash. Can you fixe it? I checked my minimum requirement and they match.

Message 4 of 26 (50,650 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

:mansad: nope still the same after following your instructions.. thanks for trying to help though

Message 5 of 26 (50,643 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having the same problem.

I just played the game once time and was going well in maximum graphics.

But the game stopped when I tried to open the Community Store to download Sims and Houses. After that my game didn't open again.

The game starts loading and stop when plumbob appears.

I don't know what to do.

PS: I tried ALL things recommended by this forum!

Message 6 of 26 (50,607 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought I'm the only one have problem when run the game )0(

Everytime I run the game for 30mins or enter in open community centre, it just stop working and said was APPCRASH. just like this post

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/My-Fix-For-quot-The-Sims-4-Has-Stopped-Working-quot/m-p/3445991#...

Ohmygosh... how to fake this problem Frown((( I really want to play the game assp!

Message 7 of 26 (50,556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Make a bakeup of the Sims 4 folder located in documents \Electronic Art\the sims 4

Then delete it don't worry the game will recreat the folders again once you launch the game

This worked for me hopefully this helps you
Message 8 of 26 (50,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still not working !!! 

Message 9 of 26 (50,207 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Hey guys, could you try the method in this thread and see if it makes a difference? Standard smile

Message 10 of 26 (50,204 Views)