"The Sims 3 has stopped working."

by xbvrger

Original Post

"The Sims 3 has stopped working."

★★★ Newbie
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
Hi. I've had this problem for about a week, to where I really want to play my game, so I get on the launcher. The launcher works great, so I click the play button. It has a little loading icon, and then comes up with this photo. Please someone help me! It worked fine the first 4 days I got it. I got the Starter pack with Late Night, and Luxury Loft Stuff. I tried deleting the .something or another.. I also deleted it from Origin and off of the PC.. AND IT STILL DOES IT.. Guys please help me. I just got it w/ all my money!
Message 1 of 4 (358 Views)

Re: "The Sims 3 has stopped working."

★★ Guide

Have you updated your graphics drivers recently? Sometimes if your graphics are outdated, this problem can happen.

Message 2 of 4 (350 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @xbvrger,

How are things going? Do you still need help with this issue?

If updating your graphics drivers doesn't work, you might want to try to repair your game through Origin, and share a dxdiag with us.

• To repair your game, right click on it in Origin and select the 'Repair' option.
  • A dxdiag would be very helpful for us to see technical information about your computer. You can find instructions on how to get a dxdiag here, and you can attach it to your answer.

Thanks!

-Mai

Message 3 of 4 (331 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xbvrger  Really need toi know what .something or another was. What did you delete from Origin - you can not delete a game from Origin (that I know of). This game is unlike most games. Once this game is installed most of the issues are caused by user data so reinstallation is NOT required. Just google how to do a factory reset for Sims 3. The factory reset restores the game like you just installed it. The proper way for a pc reinstallation that seems to work is:

- uninstall the game through control panel - programs and features

- use ccleaner (there is a free version) and clean the registry - this will remove orphaned entries the uninstall wizard didn't.

- copy any user data from the user/documents folder to a safe location (desktop?).

- at this point a fresh install should work.

hth

Message 4 of 4 (323 Views)