"Sims 4 has stopped working"

by NightOwl1962

Original Post

Re: "Sims 4 has stopped working"

★★★★★ Newbie

Mine will load up till its says the sims 4 then it will quick working... I have tried setting my settings all the way down i have tried reinstalling it, but nothing has worked I havn't palyed it for 3 days.

Message 11 of 31 (2,180 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Me too! I just bought it sooo frustrating!

Message 12 of 31 (2,110 Views)

★ Novice

I have the game disk and I've downloaded my game to Origin so I can play at work.  My game at home plays fine.  My game at work, which I open with Origin will not work!  It starts to launch, gets to the Sims 4 screen and a box pops up that say "The Sims 4 has stopped working".  What gives?  I really want to play my game.  It's been 4 days!

Message 13 of 31 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem too. Mine is loading until i click play and then loads for 2 minutes and says "sims 4 has stopped working". I have had this game for 1 day and I played it for 1 hour.

Message 14 of 31 (1,935 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same problem and I literally tried everything to get it working again (turning the firewall off, re-installing, and generally turning my internet off). But, I have seemed to have finally fixed it! 

1. Go to Origins

2. Go into my games 

3. Right click The Sims 4

4. Go into Game Properties

5. Disable Origins for that game

it should work now, happy simming! :D

Message 15 of 31 (1,844 Views)

★★ Novice

I disabled Origin in my game a long time ago, and that didn't stop it from crashing. Hopefully, it did work for you, and the game won't start crashing again.  For me, every time I think I've fixed it, eventually it starts crashing again.

Message 16 of 31 (1,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thankyou! so simple Standard smile

Message 17 of 31 (1,787 Views)

★★ Novice

That didn't work for me Frown Does anyone else have any solutions? My game has been working fine for a month and now I am getting this problem

Message 18 of 31 (1,782 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem as of today ... my game has been working fine for a month but now a problem

Message 19 of 31 (1,780 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exact same thing used to happen to me with the last sims till the pooint of i just couldnt play at all, I got the new sims 4 and had been playing for a few weeks and it has been completely fine until i recently made a family and my sims started shutting down doing the same thing, I changed my family that i was playing and my sims has gone back completly fine unless i play that family which i have just decided to delete - reason why i think mine started doing this was because i have downloaded mods such as clothing, hair ect. The family I made had a currupted mode so i just deleted everything i had used for that family and things are fine again so anyone that downloads modes go through them and it could be a reason why its happening

Message 20 of 31 (1,684 Views)