"Sims 4 has stopped working"

by NightOwl1962

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Sims 4 has stopped working"

★★ Novice

I have been playing Sims since it first came out in Middle School and there's always been issues but this has been the most frustrating one! I have only had Sims 4 for about a week. Recently within the past few days after what seems like maybe 1 hour of gameplay it will freeze and say 'Sims 4 has stopped working" 

I have been constantly hitting "Save As" so that I don't lose all my work but even then it doesn't have everything I saved and it constantly keeps happening. It's extremely frustrating to never know if and when my game is going to crash. My laptop if fully capable and exceeds the requirements for this game and I've already tried deleting and creating a new folder which seemed to work briefly.

What's the deal?! I'm really not wanting to continue playing just for another disappointment or frustration of losing hours of hardwork.

Sincerely,

Extremely Frustrated Sims player Frown

Message 1 of 31 (24,775 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Sims 4 has stopped working"

Hero

Crashing issues are very individual but there are a few causes identified:

To help everyone, Info is need so the best you can do, is make your own thread.

Include the following info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 31 (26,509 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@NightOwl1962 Moved to general forum

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (24,635 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem

Play for an hour, crash on saving or traveling or gallery viewing. Reopen, crash 30 mins later, reopen, crash 10 mins later, reopen, crash 5 mins later.

Window until crash gets shorter and shorter until i just get bored and give up. Crashing while saving has got to be the most frustrating thing ever.

Tried: Reinstalling, Repairing, Run as administrator, renaming sims 4 folder, restarting computer, letting sims 4 through firewall

Basically just sitting here in frustration waiting for you lot to patch it. Aggrevating as **bleep**.

Message 3 of 31 (24,621 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had this problem as well. I had the game pre-loaded on my computer so I played it the night it was released and it ran just fine.  Since it was patched, however, my game will crash after maybe an hour or so.  The first couple of times it happened, I didn't even get an explanation.  The game just vanished.  I've never had a problem with a Sims game at launch (i've been playing since the first game), but this is ridiculous.  $60 for a game I can't even play.  And yes, my computer meets the requirements.  I've tried repairing, running as administrator, and reinstalling.  I'm really inclined to blame the patch.

Message 4 of 31 (24,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem. I've been playing it since launch day in the UK (2 days) and have never had a problem with it. 
I just installed the latest patch and now it won't even open the game. 

Screen goes black to enter full screen of the game, then instantly white with "The Sims(tm) 4 has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." 

And all I am left with is a cancle button to click. 

Since I have been able to play it for the past 2 days, it's not my hardware. I have tried repairing the game. Renaming the sims 4 file. Running as admin and nothing. Just instant crash everytime.

£60 on the digital duluxe for something that won't even open anymore....

Message 5 of 31 (24,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same problem here. I did find a workaround ... when you're in neighborhood view, click on Household Management ... then choose to view the Unplayed families, then filter it to show just the ones who are not in the world ... delete ALL of them and try playing from there. Someone explained to me that there's a sim in there that's wearing some corrupt clothing or something and that's what's causing the crashes.  This is a bit of a pain in the butt, since these deleted households are replaced when you re-launch the game and you have to delete them again (and there can be a LOT of them!) ... but, for me, it stopped my game from crashing so often ... I've even been able to play for almost four hours!

I hope EA is reading these forums cuz EVERYBODY seems to be having crashing problems, so it's something they need to address, and soon!

Update ,,, this fix was working great for me ,,, UNTIL THE 9/9 PATCH! Now it's crashing whenever I try to save, so it's pretty much unplayable. I am VERY disappointed with EA ... this game cost a lot of money and it's been dysfunctional since I got it.

Message 6 of 31 (23,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah I am having the same problems except my game doest even open. It took me hours just to figure out how to get it downloaded and now its not even opening the sims. I flick the icon and it says "stopped working" after hours of crying screaming and hitting things I would like an explanation.
Message 7 of 31 (22,720 Views)

★★ Novice

I am going to try this as well . my game has crashed since day and I even went as far as reinstalling windows 7 and actually upgraded to windows 8 AND STILL crashes the same way. half the time origin wants to open first and then the sims wont even open if im not connected to wi fi or origin. it only opened without wi fi ONCE and that was last night after the thrird fresh install! this is INSANE! 

Message 8 of 31 (21,885 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep me too, 10/20 mins into it, just crashes saying 'sims 4 stopped working' 

Really fed up now, paid £50 for a game I cant even use properly!

Has anyone found out a solution yet? x

Message 9 of 31 (21,788 Views)

Hero

Crashing issues are very individual but there are a few causes identified:

To help everyone, Info is need so the best you can do, is make your own thread.

Include the following info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (26,510 Views)