"Please update your game via the game launcher" - but no updates available? D:

by Elvanire

Original Post

"Please update your game via the game launcher" - but no updates available? D:

★★★ Newbie

"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher."

Hi there,

Ever since I updated my Acer PC's system from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 (I had to as it was required by my job, and besides, Windows 7 won't be supported next year), Sims 3 has completely stopped working. I get the above message every time I open the game launcher and try to start the game. The funny thing is, as you can see in the pic I attached, the game is fully updated... there are no available updates in the game launcher.

I've looked everywhere online but couldn't find a solution to this issue. And toying with 'compatibility modes' on the base game and expansions hasn't done anything to help either. I'm afraid I'm at a dead end... Is there anything that can be done?

Kind regards, Johnathan

Message 1 of 4 (5,792 Views)

Re: "Please update your game via the game launcher" - but no updates a

@Elvanire  Even though the launcher thinks your game is updated, it's not, which is why you're getting the message.  What kind of install is this?  How you patch will depend on the type.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (5,770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ahh okay.... I had a feeling that might be the case.

Hmm, I'm afraid I'm not quite sure what you mean by type of install --- the base The Sims 3 game, and the Ambitions, World Adventure, Pets and Supernatural expansions were all installed from bought CD's which I still have. If you mean the game version, it's 15.0.135.018001. Does that help at all?

Thanks for responding so quickly and trying to help! I really wasn't sure how active these forums were, or even if anyone would know what to do Wondering

Message 3 of 4 (5,749 Views)

@Elvanire  I asked what kind of install you have (and CDs was the answer I was looking for) because trying to manually patch a digital install is usually a bad idea.  I did see your game's version number, which is also unusual.  Still, try running the Super Patch and see if it helps.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

If it works, let me know the version number you have now.  If it doesn't, a screenshot of the error message would be great.  And please also run a dxdiag, and attach it to a post, just in case there's a system issue here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (5,735 Views)