Re: "Play" button doesn't work

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

"Play" button doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has already asked this but the help I found on forums and websites hasn't been useful for me.

I was installing today's patch but when it was downloaded and installing, my PC ran out of battery (I didnt remember it was not charging, sadly) and when I tried to open Origin again, I couldnt click on "play" anymore, it's colored gray as if I was already playing.

The thing is, I already uninstalled Origin and downloaded it again from the official webpage, but it doesn't seem to work as the installing of Origin (OriginThinSetup.exe, the one I downloaded today) doesn't progress any further than 30%~ (it says it is checking if Origin is open but its impossible because I uninstalled it...) and I think I messed it up even more. If I install Origin from OriginSetup.exe, it works but the game is still broken.

I tried "repairing" the game from the repair button on Origin, but when it has to start installing, it doesn't like it didn't start installing the patch.

I'm afraid I might not be able to play sims anymore and I bought all expansion packs Frown What should I do? Do you know any solution?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2 (1,650 Views)

Re: "Play" button doesn't work

Give these a try:

The Play button in Origin is gray

Make sure your game is updated to the newest version (see above). If that is the case and the play button is still gray, try the following things (or any combination of it)

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 2 (1,646 Views)