Re: "My Library" in the Gallery missing households and lots

by crinrict

Original Post

"My Library" in the Gallery missing households and lots

★★★★★ Apprentice

Earlier today I looked at My Library in the game and it ws just fine, all my sims and houses were there. Tonight, just a few hours later, I went to look at My Library because I wanted to import one of my sims into my current game and almost everything appears to be gone. The sims and houses I uploaded to the community can be found via my username, but they are totally missing from My Library. I can re-add the items to My Library so that is not an issue. I'm just scared that sims, lots or houses that I do not back up onto the community will disappear from my game without warning or that once the Gallery "cleans up" I won't be able to recover my creations due to content randomly disappearing from My Library.

Message 1 of 8 (26,336 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Have you found a solution yet? I'm having the same problem. This has happened before and I was able to fix it then but now I don't remember how I did it. :/
Message 2 of 8 (25,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@cinnamon12377

There are usually two reasons. The library are made up of files found in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray.

Either the Tray-folder got deleted (By you or a system restoration etc). Then the files cannot be brought back, if they're not still in the trash can.
The other reason is that the game started using another file path for user files. This mostly happens if you have OneDrive and such and the game uses that "Documents"-folder instead of your normal one Standard smile
This can be fixed by turning of OneDrive

Please check if you have any files in your Tray folder, then turn of OneDrive and see if they show up!

Message 3 of 8 (25,768 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

Oh crap! Then what do i do if i accidentally deleted all my tray files?? I have the sims in my games so i can just save them from there but its gonna take a long time 😔 is there any other solution to get my files back?

Message 4 of 8 (24,543 Views)

Hero

Hi @its_maeee 

did you check if they're still in your windows trash ?

Other than that, if you didn't make a backup, I'm afraid you'll need to resave them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (24,533 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had a lot disappear from my library, but it appears to be in my Tray. How do I get it back into my library?

Message 6 of 8 (19,876 Views)

@luxexnocte  When you say it's in your Tray folder, are you sure all the associated files are present?  There are usually around five per lot.

If you know exactly which files are associated with the Library entry, you can try removing the entire Tray folder, launching the game to create a new one, and then copying the correct files into the new folder.  You can always put the other content back later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 8 (19,838 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sul Sul, everyone.

As this thread is a few years old, I'll be closing it out. That said, if you are experiencing a similar issue, please create a new thread and we'll be happy to help you out!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post?  Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 8 (19,794 Views)