"Hicks" disallowed in Gallery: Is this a Bug or is EA serious?

by keroseneheart

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Hicks" disallowed in Gallery: Is this a Bug or is EA serious?

★ Apprentice

There are 183,938 people in the U.S. with the last name Hicks, but the Gallery thinks this is an offensive term and will not let me upload Comedian Bill Hicks with the last name Hicks *or* the family name of Hicks. I had to upload him as "Comedian Bill Ricks".

Is this a bug, or does EA seriously think this word is too offensive, even though so many people have it as a last name? 

Message 1 of 3 (245 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Hicks" disallowed in Gallery: Is this a Bug or is EA serious?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There is a thread actually made for "Unjustified Disallowed Names". It is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Unjustified-disallowed-words/td-p/.... I was able to post there.

EDIT: I may want to keep this thread anyway, because one person on page 8 (the one I linked to) noticed it is a thread for SimCity, not The Sims 4.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

There is a thread actually made for "Unjustified Disallowed Names". It is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Unjustified-disallowed-words/td-p/.... I was able to post there.

EDIT: I may want to keep this thread anyway, because one person on page 8 (the one I linked to) noticed it is a thread for SimCity, not The Sims 4.

Message 2 of 3 (236 Views)

Hero

No, that was just someone that posted a post in the wrong forum and later it was merged into the disallowed thread.

The other thread is fine (and for Sims 4) so Im locking this one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (218 Views)