Re: "Ghost" sims from earlier game not going away

by glennefj

Original Post

"Ghost" sims from earlier game not going away

★ Novice

Hi! I have a strange problem.

I started a game which ended with a fire where both people died. To be honest I wanted them to die because I kinda messed them up.

Anyways - I was sent back to the town screen so I could start a new game, and I chose the same lot, and demolished it, and built something else.

The first thing I noticed was that one of the sims that died where still wandering around the town, and I thought that was just a small bug, but now it's all crazy.

The two people living there are now in the house, walking around using the shower, eating etc, and my "new" sims don't even know them. They do not look like ghosts, they're not transparent or anything.

Weird?

It's on Mac.

I have a picture, but couldn't find anywhere to upload it.

Message 1 of 6 (220 Views)

You started a new household in the same game. 
You need a new save game to start a fresh game. 

This might help:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Huh? Why? 

I thought the whole point was to be able to continue in the same neighborhood? How about the other buildings etc? 

Message 3 of 6 (212 Views)

★ Novice

OK, now I'm SURE it is a bug. The two people from the earlier game always start at the same place when I load. One is outside talking with someone, the other one is picking up the trash. If I move the trashcan, the person is besides the trash can at the next start...

Weird...

Message 4 of 6 (210 Views)

★ Novice

Anyways, I'll delete the save game, and start Sims 4 fresh. 

Damn... I had a such great start!

I've never had problems with starting another household in the same lot as someone has died in etc. in earlier Sims-games.

Message 5 of 6 (209 Views)

Hero

That does sound weird, especially since they were not ghosts.

Do you still have your save game or did you delete it completely off your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (201 Views)