"Game process could not be started"

by Melynir

Original Post

Sims 3 "The game process could not be started"

★★★ Newbie

Hey there!  As of this morning I was unable to play Sims 3 on my Mac, it keeps giving me the error message "The game process could not be started".  First I uninstalled and reinstalled my game and updates (ambitions, outdoor living stuff, pets and supernatural) since that usually works for any hiccups I have.  Since that didn't help,  I looked in the SIms 3 Forum for Macs and followed the directions at this link http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/549552.page but the manual update did not help for my game.  Please help!

Thanks!

Message 21 of 30 (2,297 Views)

Re: Sims 3 "The game process could not be started"

Hero

It's an issue with the servers. If you disconnect from the Internet, you can play.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/game-process-could-not-be-started.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 30 (2,296 Views)

Re: Sims 3 "The Game Process Could Not Be Started" Error

Hero

It's an issue with the servers. If you disconnect from the Internet, you can play.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/09/game-process-could-not-be-started.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 30 (2,293 Views)

Re: "Game process could not be started"

★★★★★ Newbie

I was having this annoying problem as well. I'm not sure I can even uninstall and reinstall since it was purchased as a digital download 3 years ago from a company that doesn't exist anymore. However, turning off the network connection worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip! Hopefully EA will fix the issue so we don't have to do this work around.

Message 24 of 30 (2,333 Views)

Hero

So it works even for download versions ? You don't need to be online to verify your copy ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (2,327 Views)

★ Novice

Yep. Tried your solution and it worked like a charm!

Message 26 of 30 (2,323 Views)

Hero

This issue should now be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 30 (2,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You said if we still had problems (post 9-25-2012 post) to post here.... so here I am.  Only able to play if I start with WiFi OFF...

DVD version on both computers

iMac

Mac OS X 10.7.5

2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Sims 3 EVERYTHING (except Katy Perry's Sweet Treats) updated to 15.0.135.018001

Macbook Pro

Mac OS X 10.7.4

2.53 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Sims 3 EVERYTHING (except Katy Perry's Sweet Treats) updated to 15.0.135.018001

Message 28 of 30 (2,280 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Best is actually to post here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/165/593688.page

That's the thread that is monitored by the gurus.

It might be happening again ...

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 30 (2,278 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just started getting this error yesterday, no doubt something to do with the new patch that was released. grrr

Message 30 of 30 (2,209 Views)