★★★ Novice

I cannot get online.  I'm also missing the "Enable online access" button in the

Option/Other menu.

Message 1 of 32 (40,959 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Enable Online Access" button in Options Menu is missing

[ Edited ]
Hero

This also often happens if you have an underage account.

Underage accounts are not allowed to use the online features. The age depends on your country but US is < 13

Starting Nov 2019, the same things occurs if you use the legacy edition of Sims 4. Make sure you really need it.

For more info on the legacy, see this:  The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 32 (42,589 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello

I'm sorry, but I'm slightly confused...

Are you having trouble getting online on Origin or on the sims 4 it self.

Please make sure you are connected to the internet and that you are online on Origin.

I hope this is what you mean.

Thank you

Tony

Message 2 of 32 (40,909 Views)

★★★ Novice

Origin is online.  The Sims won't let me get online.  When I try to use the gallery it tells me I'm offline and do I want to get online.  I click the next few buttons to connect but it says Online Access is Disabled.  Next I go to the Option/Other menu which is where the enable online access button is supposed to be but it's not.

Message 3 of 32 (40,906 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, this is out of my experience. 

I have contacted a 'Hero' to take a look for you.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help

Tony

Message 4 of 32 (40,897 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey

I've had a reply from the Hero, and it's possible there's a few reasons why your having this issue.

Could you please disable your antivirus or firewall as it could be blocking the connection.  If it works, please  re-enable them and add exception rules. (If you need help with that please let me know)

Also, if that doesn't work, please try to repair your game within Origin. To do so log into your Origin account and right click on the game logo, and press 'Repair Game'

If any of these two does not work, please let me know and I'll post more ideas down.

Thank you

Tony

Message 5 of 32 (40,888 Views)

[ Edited ]

In the options you should be able to find 'Other' the first box you can (un)check is the on for 'Online Access'.
That should do the trick.
I'm not sure if you need to be on the map or in the first menu before you start playing. Try them both.

It should look like this:

http://simscommunity.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/TS4-2014-09-11-10-11-10-95.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 32 (40,881 Views)

Also, do you have an legal version of the Sims 4?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 7 of 32 (40,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This also often happens if you have an underage account.

Underage accounts are not allowed to use the online features. The age depends on your country but US is < 13

Starting Nov 2019, the same things occurs if you use the legacy edition of Sims 4. Make sure you really need it.

For more info on the legacy, see this:  The Sims 4 - Update on Supported Systems

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 32 (42,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's my daughter's game, and it is a legal copy so It must be the underage issue.  So now the questions is how do I change the age status since shel'll soon be turning 13? Thank you all so much for your respnses!

Message 9 of 32 (40,857 Views)

Hero

I'm not 100% positve if it's <13 or <=13, you would need to ask that a game advisor but if she's turning 13 and you're in the US and it's <13, she should gain access then automatically (if that is the birthday you entered when creating the account.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 32 (40,855 Views)