"Could Not Locate Item" in MyLibrary since Cats & Dogs

by Shizu9no1

Original Post

"Could Not Locate Item" in MyLibrary since Cats & Dogs

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? ?
What happens when the bug occurs? Ever since the release of Cats & Dogs, I am unable to view/download lots and households in MyLibrary, not only those I created and uploaded but also the creations of other simmers that I've added to MyLibrary. When I click, I get "Could not locate the item." Currently, I can download items from the Community Gallery (so my creations that I've shared) but not any uploaded to MyLibrary without sharing. Since the bug appeared, I have tried repairing, removing the Mods folder, favory reset, CCleaner, and clearing both the game and Origin caches.
What do you expect to see? When I open MyLibrary, I should be able to select and download my own lots/households that I've uploaded (without having to share) as well as those created by others which I've saved to MyLibrary.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This has been happening since the release of Cats & Dogs. I'm ashamed to admit that I've clocked close to 7000 hours playing Sims 4, but this has never happened before.

Since the release of Cats & Dogs, I am no longer able to access items in MyLibrary that are not Maxis creations.

That is, when I try to select one of my lots/households in MyLibrary or one created by someone else and saved to MyLibrary, I get "Could no locate item."

All but the top image on the right is missing, which I don't mind as much as not being able to use MyLibrary.

My only Gallery uploads that I can still access/view are those that I have shared in the Community Gallery.

However, those represent only about 5% of my uploaded lots and households in MyLibrary. 

I don't know what to do. I've tried taking out the Mods folder (I use cc but not script mods), factory reset, repairing the game, CCleaner--all of these things before reloading the game.

I'm still getting the "Could no locate the item" message and missing images.

Message 1 of 4 (263 Views)

Re: "Could Not Locate Item" in MyLibrary since Cats & Dogs

Hero

Hi @Shizu9no1

I'm not sure what you mean by MyLibrary.

The Library is local to your computer, the gallery (where everyone can download from) is uploaded to the servers.

Could you maybe attach a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Shizu9no1 for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (225 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

@Shizu9no1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (210 Views)