Re: "Corrupted" CC

by ArtandLove115

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Corrupted" CC

★★ Novice

Since the new Legacy update, I switched to the family computer. I started setting thing up today. When starting up the game for the first time with CC, it gave me a pop up for corrupted CC. I went and deleted all the files that it told me about. Thinking this would fix it, I launched the game again. I got the pop up again but for the same CC I just deleted. The CC is no longer on my computer. I tried repairing the game as well. Is there a way I can fix this without completely having to reinstall the game?

Message 1 of 6 (408 Views)

Accepted Solution

@ArtandLove115  Okay, so you've found the correct Sims 4 game folder.  Try deleting localthumbcache.package from that folder.  If you don't get the error anymore, you're good to go.

If that doesn't help, drag the entire game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and launch the game again.  This will create a clean folder with no content.  If the error is gone, you can delete the Saves and Tray folders from the new game folder and move over the ones from the old game folder, and go on your way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (339 Views)

All Replies

@ArtandLove115  Are you sure the game is reading the same folder from which you've removed the custom content?  To find out, check the last modified date on the file called config.log inside the game folder.  It should match the last time you launched the game.  If it doesn't, open a File Explorer window and search for "config"; you should be able to find the most recent config file, and therefore the game folder currently being used.

OneDrive is a common place to find duplicate game folders, and it's often easiest to just disable OneDrive entirely if you don't use it for anything else.

If you happen to be on a Mac, the process is slightly different, so let me know.

Message 2 of 6 (378 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I just checked the config.log and the date says it was modified yesterday. Im also not on a Mac. I used to be but now am on a PC.
Message 3 of 6 (351 Views)

@ArtandLove115  Okay, so you've found the correct Sims 4 game folder.  Try deleting localthumbcache.package from that folder.  If you don't get the error anymore, you're good to go.

If that doesn't help, drag the entire game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and launch the game again.  This will create a clean folder with no content.  If the error is gone, you can delete the Saves and Tray folders from the new game folder and move over the ones from the old game folder, and go on your way.

Message 4 of 6 (340 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Tried both, neither worked. I still am getting the same pop up for the same CC.
Message 5 of 6 (324 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It seems i may have figured it out! All i had to do was create new folders for each section of cc and transfer the files. Everything launches fine now! Thank you for giving me the idea from replacing the entire folder.
Message 6 of 6 (313 Views)