"Can't run Sims 4 with this Video Card"

by sentari559

Original Post

Re: "Can't run Sims 4 with this Video Card"

★★★ Novice
Update: directly replacing the ===Default Options=== lines did not work, and on running the game, the defaults were returned to the above settings. Back to the drawing board
Message 11 of 15 (448 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sentari559  The config.log file should be corrected every time you start the game. The game seems to be finding the video chip all right. Did you try to clean up the system device? You have a very large page file. It also seems your using a lot of video memory. The large video memory may be because of the dual monitors. Also strange is the 30Hz refresh. The mptelemetry error may be a background 3rd party app causing some issues. I haven't used ATI (AMD) graphics chips in some time. When I set up a dual monitor system I use two identical monitors. I'm having trouble finding the specs on the monitors you have and without the specs it's hard to know what the monitors are looking for. The 1440 x 900(p) is an odd native resolution and your setting is higher then the native resolution. I really think you have some compatibility issues but not sure as the monitors are not known to me.

Message 12 of 15 (436 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591@jpkarlsen

I'm going to list this as solved, as I managed to get the game to run in windowed mode, though I have no idea how or why it suddenly startd doing so. Not going to look a gift horse in the mouth and since this seems to have eben as confusing for you guys as it has for me, let's just leave it here.

Thank you both for the help and sugestions

Message 13 of 15 (1,071 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, I see that you've marked this as solved, but if you still want to look into I'm curious about what GPU the game wants to use. 

If you go to C:\Users\*yourusername*\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 there's a file called config.log. If you open that with notepad it has some useful info. If you want to attach that to a post it could be illuminating. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 14 of 15 (412 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure thing, if it helps someone else further down the line, happy to provide

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 15 of 15 (398 Views)