Re: python33_x64.dll error, crashing during gameplay

by roberta591

Original Post

python33_x64.dll error, crashing during gameplay

★★ Novice

Hi guys! First off, I tried searching for the same error and I found a post but there was no solution and it was from a year ago.

My game keeps crashing. It happens anytime, but when I get to play smoothly for a hour I consider myself lucky. The game lags for a couple of secons before showing "The Sims 4 stopped working" and the game closes.

Here's what I tried so far:

- Deleting cache files, even Origin's (note: I rarely have cache files anyway and I still don't understand why)

- Playing offline

- Playing without mods (note: I tried taking out my mods folder once and it crashed even before starting up!)

- Letting the game create a brand new game folder and then add my saves and mods

- Repairing the game through Origin

Nothing has worked.

I thought it was a hardware problem (my ram maybe?) but then I opened the event log and noticed that every crash indicates an error with "python33:x64dll", it says:

Faulting application name: TS4_x64.exe, version: 1.31.37.1020, time stamp: 0x5928d0d9
Faulting module name: python33_x64.dll, version: 3.3.5150.1013, time stamp: 0x55d3c6bf
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000002aec3
Faulting process id: 0x2014
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f050fc62afe0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\python33_x64.dll
Report Id: 213c1885-689d-40c0-a590-696da14b3c6b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Now, my PC was made specifically for gaming and it matches the requirements quite well, so I don't think that would be the problem. I always try to keep my drivers up to date, sometimes it happens that I play without updating my graphic card drivers (because I forgot to check) and it crashes, but it does even when they are updated. Also, my game and all the ep, gp, sp are original.

I've attached the dxdiag, the msinfo and the last crash file (if anyone can read that!).

I hope you can help me, thank you!

Message 1 of 4 (1,349 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@helefcuk  Is there a reason you have your monitor (no driver loaded) connected by HD15? While HD15 will handle 1080p the resolutions might not translate properly as HD15 is analog. 1080p is a high def TV resolution and connecting by DVI or better yet HDMI (which includes audio) would be better. I recently had to upgrade my Toshiba 720p to a Vizo 1080p because of resolution issues.

Message 2 of 4 (1,331 Views)

★★ Novice

I honestly had no idea. This monitor was gifted to me and I think it's actually more of a television than a computer monitor!

Message 3 of 4 (1,322 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@helefcuk Does the monitor and the video card in the computer have HDMI ports? Using a HD15 cable is like matching the computer to the tv but using an HDMI cable is like matching the TV to the computer. HD15 will cause the device driver to display mostly computer resolutions while the HDMI will give you mostly TV resolutions. Using HD TVs is becoming very common when you want a large display.  HDMI you get audio with the video in one cable.

This is an access violation - Exception code: 0xc0000005 is a AV is accessing a nil pointer. There is no specific cause for this issue.

Message 4 of 4 (1,310 Views)