Re: problems with patching on mac sims 3

by atharva_aaryan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

problems with patching on mac sims 3

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

i reinstalled sims 3 and my launcher say that it is on update 1.42 . but when i want to download update it sayd 1.67 is available. how can i download the previous updates on mac coz i cant find the super patch sites for previous updates on mac. and when i downloaded the super patch for 1.67 it says cant download update on this version of sims 3. and also i bought it from origin so i dont have a disc.

Message 1 of 15 (516 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Hey there atharva,

I undertand that you are having problems updating your game. I have some steps for you that may resolve your issue. I'll write them below, but I also have some questions for you to answer.

• What is the version of your operating system? (i.e. 10.9.2)
  • What is the latest installed expansion pack?
  • Do you have any mods or custom contents installed?
  • Since when you've been getting this error?

Now here are some steps for you to follow:

1. Go to the Disk Utility and verify your disk permissions and disk. If the Disk Utility finds any problem with your disk permissions, then click "Repair Disk Permissions". If there is something wrong with your disk, shut down your computer, and turn on your computer using Recovery HD. To do that, while your computer starts up, hold Command+D keys on your keyboard. The Disk Utility will show up and there repair your disk (once again, if there's something wrong with the disk itself.)

2. (If you have custom content) Delete all the custom content you downloaded from the Store and from external sources.

3. Do you have any mods or custom content installed? If yes, some may be out-of-date and may be conflicting with the game. Try deleting the mods or moving them out of your Mods folder to your desktop temporarily and then run the game. If your game runs properly, then there is definitely something wrong with the mods.

4. Delete all the cache files. Some files may be corrupted and deleting them will force the game re-create them. A link to tell you how to do that is here: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-clear-your-cache-for-the-sims-3-on-a-mac

5. Instead of uninstalling each expansion packs and the base game, try to uninstall ONLY the latest expansion pack that you installed. For example, if the expansion pack that you installed the latest was Island Paradise, then only uninstall that. After doing that, try to update the game with super patcher once again.

If any of these steps work (or don't work), please let me know. 

Please keep me posted on your issue.

Good luck Standard smile

View in thread

Message 11 of 15 (458 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

nd also why cant i download sims 3 update from the super patch 1.67. and should i need to download previous updates tthen please send me the link for all the previous super patch updates. thanku pls help me Confusedmileysad:

Message 2 of 15 (514 Views)

Hero

You don't need the previous updates. Just download the super patch. That's all you need. It includes the earlier patches.

Links are here. Make sure to use the mac patch

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-67/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
But I can't figure out what region is my sims 3 base game taking
I live in India but I don't know what region to choose
Message 4 of 15 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you post the complete version number your launcher shows right now ? The last two digits of that number give you the region code.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (485 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ya so the version is 1.42.130.019017
Message 6 of 15 (481 Views)

Hero

Then you need region 17 = digital download version.

Here's the direct link: http://llnet.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/sims3/mac/To-9355-1.67.2.024017.tgz

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (473 Views)

★ Apprentice

i downloaded it and followed the instruction then when i clicked on the sims 3 when highlighted in finder it says "cannot download update in this version of application" pls help i want to download expansion packs but i cant update my sims 3 Frown

Message 8 of 15 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

and it also says that pls re install. how many times do i have to reinstall my game. pls crin help me :'(

Message 9 of 15 (461 Views)

Hero

I need to refer you to a mac helper.

I'll forward this thread to one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (443 Views)