Re: please help! my game is broken!

by nellythebean

Original Post

Accepted Solution

please help! my game is broken!

★ Novice

so i open the game, create a sim works. picking a house works. but when i load in the actual game it is so messed up! every button is gone besides the top right. i try to leave, can't open the menu. i try to save and go to worlds, it freezes. it's back. but i can still hear the sims! and i can see their whims! please help! i would temporarily delete my mods but i can't even close the sims! i can also hear things leveling up! please help me! i can only close it if i fully reset my computer but if i do that it'll close all of my tabs and i'll lose progress of all my games open! please help me!!

Message 1 of 3 (260 Views)

Accepted Solution

@nellythebean  Use the Task Manager to force close the game.  Hit crtl-alt-delete, select the TM, click on the Sims 4 entry, and End Task.  If that doesn't work, then you may unfortunately need to log out of the session, which will close your other applications.  (You can do so by signing out on the same crtl-alt-delete screen.)  However, you can first alt-tab to the other apps and try to save your progress, if the game will let you.  Regardless of what else happens, be sure to restart your computer before opening Sims 4 again.

Once you've restarted, try removing the UI Cheats mod, if you have it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (237 Views)

All Replies

@nellythebean  Use the Task Manager to force close the game.  Hit crtl-alt-delete, select the TM, click on the Sims 4 entry, and End Task.  If that doesn't work, then you may unfortunately need to log out of the session, which will close your other applications.  (You can do so by signing out on the same crtl-alt-delete screen.)  However, you can first alt-tab to the other apps and try to save your progress, if the game will let you.  Regardless of what else happens, be sure to restart your computer before opening Sims 4 again.

Once you've restarted, try removing the UI Cheats mod, if you have it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (238 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much!! THis worked! it really was the UI cheats!
Message 3 of 3 (231 Views)