play sims 4 without updates from origin

by vkxzx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

play sims 4 without updates from origin

★★★ Newbie

Please help- I have the Sims 4 DVD which I purchased. Every time I want to play I have to open Origin first- Can someone tell me how to play the game without having to log in to Origin.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (43,563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: play sims 4 without updates from origin

Community Manager

You need to have Origin running, but it need not be online.

Log into Origin then choose go offline. You can then minimize it and just launch from the shortcut from then on.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (49,507 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You need to have Origin running, but it need not be online.

Log into Origin then choose go offline. You can then minimize it and just launch from the shortcut from then on.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (49,508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what shortcut?

Message 3 of 8 (37,427 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@VeekaMay

A shortcut to start the game, so you can start it from the desktop for example. If you did not create this during installation you can make a shortcut yourself.

You would need to locate the Application file in the game installation folder and make a shortcut of the .exe file.

Example location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin

Message 4 of 8 (37,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

"but need not to be online"... "just log in"... Yes, you absolutely have to be online, especially if you 've not logged in for a long time and you have an update pending. If thats the case you can say good bye to logging in. "But wait" - you may say - "can't you still log in offline mode". No you cannot if you try it asks you to well... give your email and password but later tells you... you need to be online. EA what even are you?

Message 5 of 8 (27,519 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You need to be online once to activate the game. After that you can play offline if you so desire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 8 (27,486 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not so much true these days. I play in offline mode to avoid updates ..well I used to. It seems now even if I'm in offline mode and an update has come out that unless I update to the new patch I cannot load my game. When I try offline none of my eps and other packs show ..it says they are unowned even though I own 80% of them. I avoid updates because I get fed up of having to update my mods... example..today I am trying to play offline but I get a pop up saying that I should switch to 32bit even though I always play in 64. When u go online it won't even let me load my game because it says unable to play game until I update. Sick of origin and EA sorry EA I love ya but come on now.  If we don't want to update then we shouldn't have to. Some of us have old computers and slow internet's and sometimes it's impossible to update and you gave us a game we could play without internet, yet we still have to connect. Why do we have to update just because a new EP came out and we don't even buy said new EP. All I want to do is play my game and I have 2 choices...play base game with my mods even though I own most of the Sims eps and packs or I update and spend 5 hours updating mods and not getting to play until midnight. 

Message 7 of 8 (22,669 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If your computer does not have more than 4GB RAM you will be prompted to run in 32bit. This is not related to any updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 8 (22,661 Views)