Re: plan a social event: dinner party

by amm42

Original Post

Accepted Solution

plan a social event: dinner party

★★ Guide

it says earn a silver from a dinner party so i went ahead but all i got was no goals the fist did it i did not click on prestige. so i thought it got to be that so the second time i did it put the tick in and it still no goal just this that show in my screen shot

Message 1 of 8 (10,457 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Moved back to the general forums.

I think you just have to practice a bit and it'll work better each time.

@athewhofan2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (12,184 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @athewhofan2,

moved your post to the bug forum.

You are correct about the prestige events. If you tick that, you should have goals.

Are you using mods in your game and is your game updated to the current version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (10,437 Views)

★★ Guide

yes I think  its up to date unless of course it needs an update?  In my first game it use to work fine then somewhere after I tried to play as something want wrong and i deleted a folder in the game and it want back to the start. and I had to begin the game with a new sim, but now I also found other things that are happening which is I keep getting bills every 2 days instead of taking longer it just 2 days after I paid one then 2 sim work days I get another post has been delivered got 48 hours to pay the usual and I just paid the last ones and now I have to open the money cheat as I never have enough now. As before I lost my game when something want wrong. My sims where able to make more than enough simoleons now the bills are eating it up every 2 days from  the last one. I got a another sim that lives out in the open and bills he got but since there is nothing to turn off no need to pay it.. on this one i had no notification telling things just turned off until i bought a sink and as soon as i bought a sink then i got the notification waters turned off so i sold it again. He travels a lot to the Jim where there are showers.He cooks food on a camp fire, that not been turned off, it must that its not power they can turn off and he has loads of simoleons he going to get married so looks like the family have to rely on his money

Does that mean I have to see if I can update it and how do I go about that as I Thought It up dated Automatically?

Message 3 of 8 (10,424 Views)

Hero

Are you using custom content or mods in your game ?

Your game version shows in at the bottom left of the main screen. It should be 1.15.55

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (10,412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I got the dinner party goals in the end I got the bronze it was because I could not get 3 sims dancing at the same time nor my mixerolgest to mix 3 drinks kept running off grrr. Have to try again and maybe I put in the settings not to do anything unless I tell him/her too while  the event is on or better still hire one. What do you think is best for a successful one have 3 bars Maybe that might work only have 2 sims maybe 2 bars.

Message 5 of 8 (10,407 Views)

Hero

Moved back to the general forums.

I think you just have to practice a bit and it'll work better each time.

@athewhofan2

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (12,185 Views)

★★ Guide

Thank you so practice make perfect that's normal

Message 7 of 8 (10,396 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I realise this is a very old thread, but just in case anyone is looking for answers to these questions, there's a couple things I've found out that others may not know:

First off, if it's a holiday, you won't be able to have an event with goals, and secondly, to make it easier to have 3 people dancing or whatever at the same time, click on each guest, go to "actions", and select "add to group". Then you can click on the stereo, and pick dance with group, or w/e the option is. Hope this helps someone, happy Simming Party hat

Message 8 of 8 (4,927 Views)