pc game crashes after 1h

by Cynthial28

Original Post

pc game crashes after 1h

★★ Novice

My game crashes after playing maybe for 1h.  It occurs everytime I play the game. I repaired it 3 times already, I deleted all the mods.  I don't know what to do anymore.  I've put my dxdiag and info about last crash attached.

Message 1 of 2 (166 Views)

Re: pc game crashes after 1h

@Cynthial28  Your laptop's hardware is pretty weak for Sims 4, so it's not surprising that you're getting at least some crashing.  The game is more demanding in some circumstances than others, so you might be able to play well enough for a while before the stress on your processor and graphics chip takes its toll.  But this could also be due to excess heat.  Do you have a cooling pad or a way to let air circulate underneath the laptop while you play?  Even putting books or similar under the corners could help.

While a crash after an hour doesn't usually suggest anything wrong with your existing save(s) or your user data folder, it's still a good idea to start a new save and see whether it crashes.  Sometimes problems only surface after you've played for a bit, or in specific circumstances, for example when a sim changes into an outfit that includes a bad custom content item.  It's worth testing, at least.  Let me know how it goes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (135 Views)