Re: paused update, unable to play

by sophiathehamster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

paused update, unable to play

★★★ Newbie
So i go to try and play my game and there is an update needed so i begin the update and it goes to 100% then all of a sudden it says paused update: 100% and so i click to resume it and.it flashes "resume update:100%" and then goes back to being paused again, regardless if i cancel the uodate, it wont let me play . Help!!
Message 1 of 7 (3,850 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and found a solution someone posted here and it worked!  Here's the quote below:

OK ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS OPEN TASK MANAGER, RIGHT CLICK ON WINDOWS BAR AT BOTTOM SELECT TASK MANAGER AND SCROLL DOWN TILL YOU FIND SIMS 4, THEN RIGHT CLICK AND PRESS END PROCESS.... THEN RUN ORIGIN AS NORMAL RIGHT CLICK ON SIMS 4 AND PRESS UPDATE, IT WILL UPDATE AS NORMAL AND WILL WORK FINE, 

WHAT HAPPENS IS THT IT WILL NOT UPDATE AS THE GAME IS RUNNING IN BACKGROUND, HOPE IT HELPS YO ALL  

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,147 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem and found a solution someone posted here and it worked!  Here's the quote below:

OK ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS OPEN TASK MANAGER, RIGHT CLICK ON WINDOWS BAR AT BOTTOM SELECT TASK MANAGER AND SCROLL DOWN TILL YOU FIND SIMS 4, THEN RIGHT CLICK AND PRESS END PROCESS.... THEN RUN ORIGIN AS NORMAL RIGHT CLICK ON SIMS 4 AND PRESS UPDATE, IT WILL UPDATE AS NORMAL AND WILL WORK FINE, 

WHAT HAPPENS IS THT IT WILL NOT UPDATE AS THE GAME IS RUNNING IN BACKGROUND, HOPE IT HELPS YO ALL  

Message 2 of 7 (4,148 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks it worked!!!!
Message 3 of 7 (3,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thnxxxx!!!! It worked for me to! 

Message 4 of 7 (3,712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sims 4 wasn't there in task manager 

Message 5 of 7 (3,490 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sims 4 was not in my task manager either it does not show in Windows 10.  so I went by way of Origin ...did not work for me ..I tried to repair game could not do that either need assistance

Thank you

Message 6 of 7 (2,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks!!! It seems to be working!

Message 7 of 7 (931 Views)