Re: .package files turned into notepad files!

by Eleniedot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

.package files turned into notepad files!

★★★ Apprentice

So this may sound really stupid but while installing CC I was wondering what happens if you open up a .package file. So, I opened it with notepad and all it came up with is some code in the notepad. It wasn't that cool so I closed out of it but now all of the .package files have turned into notepad files. They still work in the game but it's just annoying. Is there a way to fix this? I'll show an image. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7 (2,616 Views)

Accepted Solution

Message 6 of 7 (2,471 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@natsnorigin 

Yes there is a way to reset file associations. Settings | Apps | Default Apps | Reset to Microsoft default.

Notice that this resets all file associations so you may need to reassociate some files to other programs you have installed.

BTW. For the future when you just want to see if you can open a file with a particular program remember to remove the tick by: Always open with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (2,576 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@jpkarlsen Hmm, it didn't work! Frown Anyways, it's not really a big deal they still work, it's just a bit annoying but oh well. Thanks for helping anyways!
Message 3 of 7 (2,571 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@natsnorigin You can do it through the registry but I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't know what you're doing, messing with the registry is dangerous.

As you saw, it won't effect the gameplay.

No offense to @jpkarlsen but I wouldn't do it that way. Resetting ALL file associations will have far-reaching problems and repercussions.

He is right though, make sure you untick the "Always open with" box unless you're sure you always want to associate it.
Message 4 of 7 (2,526 Views)

★★★★ Novice

me too its really annoying, i hope to find a fix.

Message 5 of 7 (2,520 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 6 of 7 (2,472 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it worked for me to 

Message 7 of 7 (2,300 Views)