.package cc files not showing up in-game

by Nonkie7402

Original Post

Re: .package cc files not showing up in-game

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi! For this "Mods folder", do i just create that myself? There is no "Mods" within my Sims 3 file/folder. Thank you.
Message 41 of 52 (1,267 Views)

@shaw000  Yes, you need to either create the Mods folder, and the Packages folder inside it, or download a Mods Framework like the one offered here:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 42 of 52 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I've seen that you helped alot of people.. So I hope you can help me too. I've already tried everything on here, on all the "help" websites, youtube videos and all. But NOTHING is working... I don't know what I do wrong... It worked before, but not after i downloaded the game again.

(Tried removing the 4 files, new mod map and only one CC, graphic card stuff, and more)

Message 43 of 52 (1,096 Views)

@Fraulein02  Please post a screenshot of the folder that contains the mods, as in, I'd like to see a list of the mods themselves.  Include the address bar in the screenshot as well.

And please let me know what patch number you see in the launcher's lower-left corner.

Message 44 of 52 (1,083 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! sorry if this is late to the party. Honestly i could cry with this mods folder! i took it out my game one day then put it back in and nothing has shown up since, i have deleted the cache files , made a new mods folder, tested them indavisdually. you name it i’ve done it!! i want to try this but unfortunately i’m not very ‘tech y’ so could you please give me some guide on how to change my recourses file text editor thing ? it won’t allow me to change it on my computer (if i’m even on the right thing at all lol) 

thank you so much !

Message 45 of 52 (801 Views)

@peachmango53  You shouldn't need to edit resource.cfg at all.  At most, you might need to download a fresh copy, which you can get from here:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the folder that contains your mods and/or custom content, as in, I want to see the files themselves.  Include the address bar, above the list of files, in the screenshot as well.

Message 46 of 52 (789 Views)

★ Novice

The package files I downloaded for TS3 CC aren't showing up, the sims3packs do show up though. I downloaded a resource file and put it in Mods folder and still nothing showing up

Message 47 of 52 (362 Views)

@blaseblaserob  Please post screenshots of the contents of any folders that contain your missing custom content, as in, I'd like to see the files themselves.  Include the address bar, above the list of files and folders, in the screenshots.

Message 48 of 52 (350 Views)

★ Novice

What do you mean by address bar? I took a screencap of the packages

Message 49 of 52 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]

@blaseblaserob  You included the address bar, which in this case says ... The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages > Hair.  That looks fine, although I can see that your files are being synced with OneDrive, which isn't ideal.  So please try pausing OneDrive syncing while testing.  You can find the option by right-clicking the cloud icon in the lower-right corner of the screen.

With OneDrive syncing paused, make sure that your custom content is still present in the Mods folder, and see whether it loads in-game.  If the content isn't there, or the items don't show in-game, download fresh copies.  If that doesn't help, get rid of the Hair folder and dump everything in the Packages folder.

If that doesn't work either, get rid of the entire Mods folder and set up a new framework, including a freshly-downloaded resource.cfg, then add the files to that.  You can find a copy of the Mods Framework here:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

And if none of that makes a difference, right-click the Mods folder and select Properties > General, then post the Location you see.

Message 50 of 52 (325 Views)